Part 221

"Whoa....you're a freaking giant." Liu Yuning's eyes widened to double their size as he stared at the man in front of him.

He was in an extremely rare situation; looking UP at someone.

"Heh heh heh Ning-ge. There will always be a taller mountain." Gong Jun smugly piped up beside him.

Liu Yuning turned and stared down at him. "That makes you the shortest among us."

Then he turned back to the mountain of a man in front of him

Then he turned back to the mountain of a man in front of him. Despite the winter jacket, he could tell that the man had a solid body.

He guiltily felt around his own midsection

He guiltily felt around his own midsection. The truth was, after wrapping 《Legend of An Le》, he had let himself go, drinking a tall cup of sugar-laden bubble milk tea everyday.

Now, faced with a 1.92m tall hunky model, he was keenly aware of his own shortcomings.

"Come Feng-ge, Ning-ge, let's have a seat and eat our fill tonight." Gong Jun eagerly waved them over to the table.

Eat? It sounded like a mocking invitation. What right do I have to eat when facing off with two people with abs? Li Yuning looked over at the steam rising from the hotpot bubbling away on the table. The table was laden with various mouthwatering platters of premium meat and seafood. There was even lobster.

They were celebrating Gong Jun's birthday in advance. The plan was to have a nice dinner, and go for karaoke afterwards. Both their studio's staff were in attendance, and Gong Jun brought his good friend Xu Feng along.

Now staring at Xu Feng's bulky chest under his shirt, Liu Yuning was inspired to hit the gym. My diet starts tomorrow, he swore to himself.

They chatted and laughed as they ate up. It had been an incredible 2021, and Gong Jun was grateful for every single moment of it. Just last year, he had celebrated his birthday when filming his fireman drama <The Flaming Heart>. He remembered unboxing a big birthday gift from his buddy Zhou Yutong, the female lead in <Begin Again>.

He had thought that it was a huge ass portrait of himself, but it turned out to be hers, complete with a scribbled birthday greeting and autograph. She had totally pranked him.