Part 338

The next morning, they had a quick romp in bed, followed by a hastily gobbled down breakfast, before Zhang Zhehan rushed out for work. His days were packed; he had several meetings, coupled with dance and singing practice for his concerts. 

Yang Yang's apartment once again descended into silence once the primary source of noise left left. He sat down at the table, sipping his coffee and musing over how their relationship had evolved. 

In the beginning, they had gotten together at the height of Zhang Zhehan's new-found fame. They had to carefully plan their time together, juggling both their heavy schedules just for a few stolen hours. 

Then came that event which they preferred not to mention again. The only positive thing that came out of it was that they managed to solidify their bond through those terrible times. A few months later, when Zhang Zhehan regained his self-confidence to venture out again, they did manage to spend more time together. 

But now it seemed that they have gone one full circle and back to tiptoeing around their packed schedules

Zhang Zhehan had his fashion business, his music, and now, his upcoming concerts. He had an endless stream of meetings with songwriters, producers, lyricists and so on. This was his first full-scale concert, and he and his team were inexperienced, so he was naturally worried. Thank goodness his music producer Ms. Xie Yihua had valuable industry experience, but there was still a lot for him to learn.

On top of that, he had daily gym session to maintain his fitness levels, rehearsals, and had to spend time with his mother before she left Beijing. 

Yang Yang wondered where was his place in all of this, and how they were going to sustain this relationship. He glanced at the stack of scripts which had been delivered for his consideration. It had been sitting on the coffee table and he had wanted to discuss them together with Zhang Zhehan but his boyfriend hadn't even noticed them. 

He bit his lip and tried to stifle a sigh. Perhaps they would have more time after Mama Zhang left. 

A few days later at the airport, Zhang Zhehan patted the Kele the cat before placing the reluctant animal into his carrier. Mama Zhang made sure that the cage door was locked securely while murmuring reassuring words to a mewing Kele.

Zhang Zhehan scowled at the favoritism. "Mom, your son, your human son whom you birthed, is standing right here." 

"I don't want Kele to be anxious when he is alone."