Part 281

Yang Yang stared at him before nodding slowly in understanding. "Of course."

He brought Zhang Zhehan to the couch and sat him down. Then he headed to the kitchen area and brought out a glass of wine and another huge bouquet of flowers.

Handing Zhang Zhehan the glass of wine, he knelt down in front of Zhang Zhehan and presented him the flowers. "I'm sorry I hurt you by taking the Glico job. I was insensitive and didn't think about how you would feel about it. If I could refund them everything and pay the compensation, I would do it in an instant."

Zhang Zhehan held his hand up to stop him. "No, your reputation is at stake."

He looked at Yang Yang for a long moment before taking over the flowers. They were yellow tulips, which symbolised forgiveness. Well, there was nothing more Yang Yang could do about the endorsement anymore, except to keep this episode in mind. 

"Get up, just don't do it again." Zhang Zhehan dipped his head to sniff the fresh, grassy fragrance of the tulips. 

"I won't get up until you say you forgive me." Yang Yang continued looking at him with wide eyes. "I've been feeling really terrible about it, like I've been the worst boyfriend in the world."

Zhang Zhehan reached out to hold his hand. "On the contrary, you've been the best boyfriend. You have done so much for me that sometimes I feel that I don't deserve you."

Yang Yang took his hand and raised it to his lips, pressing a kiss on to the palm. "Don't say that, don't ever say that again. You know that I don't agree, and I don't like hearing you say it."

Zhang Zhehan searched the fox-like eyes in front of him and saw only sincerity and contrition. He knew that Yang Yang meant everything he said, but still, he wanted to drive his point home. This weeks-long cold war needed a convincing result, and his anger still needed to be appeased.

Besides, he was curious about Yang Yang's Glico commercial.

Gnawing his lip, he glanced petulantly at Yang Yang. "Show me the Glico ad."

"Wait here

"Wait here." Yang Yang got up and disappeared into the bedroom-turned-study, returning quickly with a laptop. He called up the Gallery, and browsed through the pictures until he got to the Glico section. "These are the behind-the-scenes videos and pictures which the studio will edit later." 

Zhang Zhehan took the laptop over and went through the Gallery, sipping the crisp cool wine.

What Yang Yang said was true; his commercial seemed to be using the same concept as his. Zhang Zhehan asked, "Is it the same storyline? Stressed office lady finds relief from the daily grind when she fantasises about meeting a handsome man who gives her something long and delicious?"

 Zhang Zhehan asked, "Is it the same storyline? Stressed office lady finds relief from the daily grind when she fantasises about meeting a handsome man who gives her something long and delicious?"