Part 246

Gong Jun touched down in Changsha and was immmediately whisked to the concert arena.

He nervously wiped his damp hands on his trousers. The pressure had been building up as the date for the Hunan TV New Year Eve countdown show got closer.

Even though he and Xu Feng had joked that he was on his way to becoming a singer, he knew that was far from the truth. Anyone could hear that, and he had no illusions about it. Especially since he would be sharing the stage today with a multi-award winning professional singer.

Shin.

Known for his powerful vocals, Shin was a rock legend. Gong Jun of course knew his songs from way back, which included karaoke must-haves《Love Even If I Die 死了都要爱》 and 《Sky High Thick Ground 天高地厚》. He had sung so many songs and was widely respected. Gong Jun too had sung, or attempted to sing his songs many times.

Attempted because his karaoke classic songs had a very high pitch, and was damn near impossible for most guys to reach.

There was a joke that to reach Shin's high notes they probably had to wear tight underwear or twist their balls.

Well, now he to go up there and embarrass himself on stage right next this rock superstar.

The inferior feeling of the GQ event in Hainan last November came flooding back. However this time, unlike the last, taking runway lessons from Xu Feng wasn't going to help a thing. Neither would taking singing lessons.

His vocal range was low just as Shin's range was wide.

He sighed; well it was too late to regret now. He had to grit his teeth, and do what he can. His effort would look extremely laughable next to the talented senior, but he had to do his best so that he would have no regrets.

Thankfully the whole world already knew how off key he was, so their expectations were already low.

The car pulled up to the arena. Gong Jun gulped down his apprehension and went to meet this musical idol.

Unfortunately the feelings of anxiety grew when he realised that Shin was even taller than him. He had forgotten than this legendary singer could reach notes as high as he was tall.

He's probably around Feng-ge's height. Gong Jun thought. This really isn't something where I can use my height to dominate the stage. Indeed, there will always be a taller mountain.

He pouted and stared glumly at his shoes.

Why do you singers have to be so tall anyway.

In a useless attempt to console himself, Gong Jun tried looking around to see if Zhou Shen was around.

Gong Jun was ushered over to Shin and formally introduced to him. Gong Jun immediately apologised for his shortcomings and that he would embarrass Shin on stage tonight. Shin magnanimously waved his hands. "It is understandable because you are an actor, not a singer. Tell you what; I'll do the singing for us, and you look good for us. Nobody wants to look at at middle-aged dude like me. How's that?"