Part 291

Zhang Zhehan patted Gong Jun's arm in encouragement. "Take this time apart to train yourself up. It is like taking tonics. I recently heard this from a new friend. You may not need to perform right now, but by taking tonics, you prepare yourself for the important moment when it comes. When will you meet Xu Feng again?

Finally Gong Jun exhaled loudly. " I don't know. He's back in Wuxi now because of the pandemic, and I have a ton of work to do now. After Beijing I'm going to Hainan, and after Hainan I have the..."

Zhang Zhehan listened to Gong Jun go on about his punishing schedule

Zhang Zhehan listened to Gong Jun go on about his punishing schedule. It was unenviably packed, but not at all that dissimilar to Yang Yang's.

Once Yang Yang gets out of his quarantine he would be subject to the same never-ending cycle of commercial filming, magazine shoots, interviews, and product livestreams.

And all of this was when he has drama filming and action training.

One thing was clear; all four of them were bound for months of forced abstinence, whether they liked it or not.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yang Yang threw his head back and guffawed loudly as Zhang Zhehan recounted the conversation he had with Gong Jun. 

"You had quite a productive day, Zhehan. And it seems that Gong laoshi will have many productive days in the gym in future too."

"He really needs to build up his stamina." Zhang Zhehan acceded. "A guy like him who doesn't play sports, where will he get the stamina from?"

"The treadmill, I guess. Not everyone has good hand-eye coordination and can do sports. Cut him some slack."

Zhang Zhehan smiled fondly at Yang Yang, who was stretching out his graceful limbs in an effortless split. "What did you do today?"

"A virtual table read, watched shows, played games, talked with my family. Then about 2 hours of working out." 

Same as yesterday, and the day before. Zhang Zhehan thought wryly. A quarantine schedule seldom varied from day to day.

He continued chatting with Yang Yang as he walked about the luxury condo. Truly, this apartment was too big for one person to live alone. How did Yang Yang endure it before they got together?

"I like the solitude." Yang Yang wiped his sweat off and looked at him. "After a full day of being surrounded by people, I like to come back to a quiet house. The silence relaxes me."

This was one of their major differences. Yang Yang lived a fast-paced life in the limelight, so on his downtime he liked to take it slow and be alone.

 Yang Yang lived a fast-paced life in the limelight, so on his downtime he liked to take it slow and be alone