Part 214

The phone on the table beeped with a notification.

Xu Feng hurriedly placed the cover back on to the pot and rushed over to read the message.

"I just left the event, I am 20 minutes away."

20 minutes was enough. Xu Feng gave his apartment a once over. He had personally vacuumed the floor, the couch and even the curtains, as if he was springcleaning for Chinese New Year. The bedsheets have been changed to fresh ones, and the bedroom was lightly scented with lavender candles, so Gong Jun could have a good night's rest later.

For drinks, he had only soda and not alcohol, learning from the lesson of last time. A drunk Gong Jun plus his hot temper was a sure-fire recipe for trouble.

Although it wasn't entirely Gong Jun's fault. He could have handled the Hengdian thing better, but he had wanted to deliver the bad news in person.

He checked the room temperature; it was that awkward time of the year when it was not cold enough to bring out the space heater, yet no longer so hot that air conditioning was a must.

Plus they were in Shanghai, which had much milder winters than Beijing, where it was already snowing.

5 minutes before Gong Jun was due to arrive, the table was prepped for mealtime. There was a double-boiled abalone soup, spiced steamed beef, poached green vegetables, and dumplings in chilli oil. It was a thoughtfully balanced meal with both strong and mild flavors.

There was nothing overly spicy; Xu Feng did not want to trigger Gong Jun's fiery temper with even more chillis.

The icing on the cake was a bowl of steaming white rice.

Xu Feng knew that his beautiful boy would be starving, and so decided to indulge his stomach tonight.

The buzzer rang, and Xu Feng ran over to look at the screen. Big round eyes stared at him from above a black mask.

Xu Feng swallowed his nervousness and opened the door for him.

Then he waited for Gong Jun to arrive.

The seconds ticked by before the elevator arrived with a ping. Gong Jun strode out, his bright eyes shining from under the brim of his cap.

Xu Feng looked closely at him as he brushed past him and into the apartment.

Gong Jun smelled the delicious food wafting from the table and turned towards it; he knew it was all prepared for him. His stomach growled, and he clutched it to stop it from embarassing him further. He hadn't figured out how to break the ice before he could have dinner.

Xu Feng closed the door and walked over to Gong Jun, standing between him and the table.

Gong Jun stubbornly kept his eyes low, staring straight at Xu Feng's broad chest.

Bemused, Xu Feng asked. "Are you still angry at me?"

He gently removed Gong Jun's face mask and cap, in order to get a good look at his face; the face which he last saw flushed red with wine and anger.

"Junjun, I'm sorry. It was all my fault."

Gong Jun finally looked up, his eyes wide with indignation. He was caught between wanting to discuss their issue, and to eat his dinner. Who knows how long this discussion would last? His mouth twitched and he glared at Xu Feng.

 Who knows how long this discussion would last? His mouth twitched and he glared at Xu Feng