Part 278

A couple of days later, Gong Jun and the cast were finishing up a take, when an assistant hurriedly ran up to the director. Even behind his mask, the cast and crew noticed that his face turned pale.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, overcome by a bad feeling.

The assistant passed him a mobile phone and he spoke rapidly into it, and the assistant herded everyone into a tight circle.

"This can't be good." Elaine Zhong muttered as she brushed past Gong Jun. As a petite lady she had to always jostle for the front row. If she was stuck behind someone like Gong Jun she wouldn't be able to hear or see a thing.

The team crowded around the director when he finished his call. He cast a glance at Gong Jun and Elaine Zhong. "It seems like we are in a bit of a pinch."

The director explained that CCTV footage of the crew's resting spot had been leaked online, and the accompanying post implied that they had broken pandemic restrictions.

This was because the production team had hired a restaurant to cater exclusively for them, to provide meals, as well as a place for them to rest

No other members of the public were allowed in.

However it created a huge stir because all of Qingdao's restaurants and cafetarias were already closed, in order to limit the spread of infection.

Naturally, the antis were quick to latch on to this, and started demanding to know if celebrities enjoy special treatment.

The director sighed and looked at Gong Jun and Elaine Zhong. "I knoweveryone in the team had been extremely vigilant and respectful of the local situation, that's why we hired the restaurant for our sole usage. But try as we might, we can't defend against people who stole the footage and twisted it to suit their narrative."

"

It is this unhealthy Internet environment which the government is taking steps to clean up

It is this unhealthy Internet environment which the government is taking steps to clean up. Hopefully, today's Qinglang conference on Cyberspace Administration will address it."

Coincidentally, and a bit ironically, the Qinglang conference happened on the day when Gong Jun and the production team of 《Rising With The Wind》 were bombarded with accusations. The antis descended and blasted them for having a good time eating barbequed meat while the rest of the Qingdao population were locked down at home and subsisting on rationed supplies.