Part 301

Meng Asai followed Yang Yang as he joined the queue for his Covid test. Glancing around to make sure nobody was near them, he leaned over and whispered into Yang Yang's ear. "I got Yang Chaoyue's arrival date."

Yang Yang immediately turned around and eagerly asked. "When? Are you certain?"

Grinning smugly, Meng Asai gestured to their director lining up at another Covid test booth. "Director Li's assistant just confirmed to me. Yang Chaoyue will film her scenes on 29th."

"29th!" Yang Yang frowned

"29th!" Yang Yang frowned. "That's still quite a long way off."

"I know." Meng Asai patted his shoulder in sympathy. "When you are missing your lover, one day of being apart is akin to three years. What more 3 months? That makes....90 days times 3 years? 270 years?!?!"

Yang Yang chuckled at his friend's mental gymnastics. Meng Asai had been incredibly happy for him, and swore to provide support where ever he could. He hadn't been at all fazed that Yang Yang was dating a man, saying that it was not at all uncommon in their industry, and that gender does not matter when it comes to love.

He observed Yang Yang rapidly typing out the good news in a message to Zhang Zhehan, his wide grin apparent despite the mask

"You really like him, huh?"

"Yeah, what's there not to like?" Yang Yang answered, his eyes still on his phone. "He's tall and handsome and has a great personality. Even our horoscopes match. He's a Taurus and I'm Virgo. You see, we are fated to be together."

Meng Asai made a gagging sound at that schoolgirlish statement, earning another chuckle from Yang Yang.

"But thank you bro, for everything you have done." Yang Yang looked up at him and said sincerely. "Zhehan is very important to me."

"I'll fight for your happiness anytime." Meng Asai gave him a thumbs up and quickly took a big step back as a Covid worker shouted at them to maintain a social distance.

Over in Shanghai, Zhang Zhehan was thrilled to finally receive the dates. He had been rushing through his design work for weeks, intending to take a one week break at the end of June.