Part 311

The next day, Zhang Zhehan rented a car and carefully drove off into the countryside of Zhejiang province. He had not driven in a long time, and the less crowded city of Ningbo and its surrounding rural areas were the perfect places to start.

Beside him, Yang Yang stuck his head out of the window and looked at the scenery which whizzed past. He laughed like a boy as the wind whipped through his short hair, happy for a date after such a long time. Zhang Zhehan looked over at him and tried not to be distracted by his dazzling smile.

He too was happy that Yang Yang had applied for a day off to spend with him

He too was happy that Yang Yang had applied for a day off to spend with him. It meant a lot to him because he knew how dedicated Yang Yang was to his work. He had never before seen how Yang Yang worked, but knew that he put in 101% effort and tried to minimise disruptions. So taking a day off was uncommon and it let Zhang Zhehan know how important he was.

Just like not telling Zhang Zhehan how he felt about his body. At first, Zhang Zhehan had been incredibly annoyed at that, but after they calmed down and talked about it, Zhang Zhehan understood why Yang Yang acted that way. To him, love is also about self-restraint, about controlling yourself, your words and actions to avoid conflict and preserve the peace.

Of course it did not mean to hold in your emotions and stewing in unhappiness with nobody knowing, so this was where communication was of utmost importance.

And today, they were going for a long drive like what they used to do, to just hang out and talk, before heading back to the city to meet with their friends for a final dinner.

They wound up at the sprawling Tiantong complex, an ancient Buddhist temple sitting peacefully surrounded by a cherry trees and a lush bamboo forest.

Braving the sweltering heat, they slathered on the sunblock, put on their shades and matching bucket hats. The place was deserted with only a few elderly visitors.

"So, what should we do for Qixi?" Zhang Zhehan panted as he trudged up the stairs. His leg muscles were still sore from the rigorous physical training which Yang Yang had subjected him to.

Yang Yang thought for a moment before answering. "You'll be at Shenzhen by that time, won't you?'

Zhang Zhehan nodded. "My mom too. She wants to close the Xinyu teashop and open one in Shenzhen. My case isn't over so there will be antis trying to harass us, since they know the address. The new shop will be in a commercial office building with proper security, and by appointment only. The concept is to serve as an oasis of calm for stressed office workers."

"