Part 335

"Huh? What? I didn't even touch Hu Ge." Gong Jun looked at his assistant in confusion. What on earth was she talking about? 

"Just now." The assistant clenched her teeth and glared at him. "When you were busy getting out of the Dixin Yinli CP's way, you squeezed Hu Ge out of the frame. He had no place to stand. It was fucking awkward."

Gong Jun felt the hair stand on the back of his neck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. He thought desperately. I fucked up after all. 

"Where is Hu Ge? I have to apologise to him!" He used his height advantage to spot the dapper actor walking off with Wu Lei. 

Gong Jun scrambled after them, stringing his way through the crowd and finally reaching Hu Ge. He bowed and apologised profusely. "I'm so sorry Hu-laoshi. I just panicked and blanked out. I'm like that, I have a head but no brains." 

Hu Ge patted his shoulder in understanding. "It's fine; I too would do anything to get out of a trendy CP's way."

They exchanged a few more pleasantries and Hu Ge went off on his way. Gong Jun stood where he was, staring at the back view in admiration. 

His assistant caught up to him. "You apologised? All good now?"

"Yes and no." Gong Jun sighed as he watched Hu Ge and Wu Lei disappear behind a door. "I  apologised but I forgot to get his autograph."

"There will be other times." The assistant shrugged. "Come on, let's head to the dressing room to change into your second outfit. You also have your segment with Liu Yuning so you need to prepare for that too." 

The rest of the evening passed uneventfully. The singing duo comprising of one professional and one off-key singer provided some light entertainment. Gong Jun could not be sure if the crowd was laughing with him or at him, but he didn't care either way.

Finally the event drew to a close and the constallation of stars dispersed into the equally starlit Shanghai night

But the aftermath did not end there.

The next day, Gong Jun's fans' behavior hit the news. A member of the public wrote in to complain about them calling him "Dad", with an accompanying video of them waving banners and shouting at his vehicle. The general public was taken aback with their behavior.

 The general public was taken aback with their behavior