Part 321

Everyone was busy this summer. Gong Jun pouted in mild disappointment and tossed his phone aside. It landed on the table with a loud clatter.

Xu Feng's leg had already healed completely. He had finished up in Shenzhen and went back to Shanghai. Gong Jun asked him if he would like to come down to Hengdian for a quick visit, but Xu Feng said no. He had to catch up on the past few months' of unemployment due to Covid lockdowns, so he was throwing himself fully into work.

 He had to catch up on the past few months' of unemployment due to Covid lockdowns, so he was throwing himself fully into work

Gong Jun understood; he really did. But he couldn't help feeling neglected.

This summer was not as fun as last year's, or the previous year's. At least he had Dilreba and Liu Yuning on set last year, and they got along extremely well.

Yang Mi was also very nice, but she is somehow....unreachable. No matter how approachable she was, Gong Jun was still in awe of her. That's the difference between people like Yang Mi and mere mortals like us, Gong Jun thought as he admired her lovely profile. There is top tier, and there is stratospheric-tier dominated by stars with the surname Yang, with a combined total of over 300 million Weibo followers.

 There is top tier, and there is stratospheric-tier dominated by stars with the surname Yang, with a combined total of over 300 million Weibo followers

Yang Mi, Yang Yang, Yang Zi and Yang Ying, better known as Angelababy.

Gong Jun had been lucky enough to meet the first two, and hoped his luck would continue so that he can meet the other two.

Yang #1 turned to meet his gaze. "Is something bothering you? You don't seem happy."

Flustered, Gong Jun scrambled to apologise. "I'm sorry I made a loud noise and it disturbed you..."

"No, that's fine." Yang Mi nodded knowingly at his phone on the table. "You seem unhappy. Did you quarrel with someone?"

"Errr....." Gong Jun stalled for time, his eyes darted wildly about, hoping someone would come over and rescue him. He hated telling lies, and formidable girls with X-Ray vision, like Yang Mi and Dilreba would see through him in an instance.

But he really didn't feel like unloading his minor little frustrations on Yang Mi.

"Tell me, maybe I can help?" Yang Mi pressed on, her eyes large and wide with concern and curiousity.