Part 249

The afternoon passed leisurely as the two lovers relaxed at home on the first day of the new year, and sent out the obligatory New Year text messages and stickers to their friends and work contacts, including Director Li. 

To Zhang Zhehan's surprise, Director Li rang him back.

Yang Yang looked up from his phone and listened as Zhang Zhehan spoke to Director Li. His eyes widened as he tried to process what he was hearing.

Director Li wants to post the audio interview on his Weibo??!?!!

That was a bold move. No, bold wasn't the correct word. It was audacious, brazen and ballsy. They knew that the antis had been relentlessly attacking Director Li and his allies, casting aspersions and accusations at him. Director Li had been unwavering in his stance and even firing counter-attacks back. 

But to post the audio recording, showing off Zhang Zhehan's real voice for the first time in months was bound to trigger a tsunami of reactions.

First of all from his fans and friends, who would no doubt be moved to tears when they finally hear him.

And second of all, from the antis who would be outraged that Zhang Zhehan wouldn't stay dead. It was a straight salvo in their direction, like a dignified middle-finger to them.

He could hear the worry in Zhang Zhehan's voice. "Director, posting that police report and my thumb is one thing. But my voice...." He shook his head, clearly thinking of the negative impact it would have on Director Li.

Yang Yang listened in as Director Li explained his reasoning to Zhang Zhehan, who appeared to be slowly convinced to come round to the idea. 

Finally, the call ended, and Yang Yang reached out to hold his hand.

"Is Director Li going ahead with it?"

"Yeah." Zhang Zhehan smiled at him tiredly. He laced his fingers through Yang Yang's and sighed. 

"What are you worried about? Director Li is an intelligent man, he must have already considered his decision carefully

"What are you worried about? Director Li is an intelligent man, he must have already considered his decision carefully."

Zhang Zhehan was silent for while before he replied. "I guess....more cyberviolence? I know the tide of public opinion has turned against the antis, and many netizens have also harassed them into giving up. But you know, an animal is the most dangerous when it is cornered, and has everything to lose."

"But is it more dangerous than a man who has nothing more to lose?" Yang Yang asked, staring deeply into his eyes.

Blushing slightly, Zhang Zhehan bopped his nose against Yang Yang's. "Who says I have nothing more to lose? I have you....and I have my mom. She's all alone back at home. What if they find her?"

 What if they find her?"