Part 251

A couple of days later in Shanghai, a van pulled into at the basement parking lot of a nondescript building. Gong Jun yanked his baseball cap down over his eyebrows, and zipped up his hoodie. His assistant passed him a large bag, his black mask and phone. 

"Call us when you are done."

Gong Jun nodded and hopped off. He checked the address of the restaurant and entered the elevator, keeping his eyes firmly fixed to the ground. Even though it was past 9pm, the city was still buzzing with activity, so there was always a chance he would be recognised.

When the doors opened with a ping, he strode out and went looking for the restaurant. It was still packed at this time, a testament to how tasty its food was. Gong Jun spoke softly to the frazzled concierge, who immediately knew that he referred to the reservation full of VIP guests. He waved his manager over, who personally led him to the discreet private dining area of the restaurant. 

The cacophony gradually died down as they walked, and the manager knocked loudly at a set of door, before waiting for a few seconds and opening it.

The occupants looked at him, and Gong Jun at once recognised the familiar faces. 

Han-ge, Xiaoyu-ge and Yang Yang laoshi!

"Aiyo Junjun!" Xiaoyu leapt up and embraced him heartily

"Aiyo Junjun!" Xiaoyu leapt up and embraced him heartily. Gong Jun felt like his breath was squashed out of him. 

"Xiaoyu-ge!" He almost shouted with excitement, his own arms giving the large man a squeeze. 

Next up was the VIP of the evening. Zhang Zhehan came around and opened his arms. 

Gong Jun was about to hug him, when he remembered that Yang Yang was seated at the table too. He visibly recoiled, folding his arms defensively around himself.

Zhang Zhehan laughed, but grabbed his shoulders and shook him hard. "You haven't seen your Han-ge in months and you get all shy? Is it because you have a boyfriend now?"

"Ah ah no...." Gong Jun sputtered. "It's.... because your boyfriend is sitting right there."