Part 317

A few days later, Zhang Zhehan squinted in the bright sunlight and snapped a picture. His mother hurried over for a look. "How? Did you make me look younger?"

"Mom, don't your trust you son's skills?" Zhang Zhehan showed her the photo which he just took. Looking around, he pointed to another scenic point. "Let's take a picture over there." 

His mother grabbed his aunt's arm and hurried over

His mother grabbed his aunt's arm and hurried over. Zhang Zhehan smiled and followed closely behind, happy to be the gofer and photographer for the two women. 

They had just flown into Dali from Shenzhen. They had left early in the morning and had to take a connecting flight. Zhang Zhehan was afraid that the two ladies would be exhausted but being on a trip seemed to have an invigorating effect on them. The cooler climate of the mountains was always refreshing, especially for city dwellers like them. 

Zhang Zhehan was glad to be here, and surrounded by people which he cared about. It had taken a lot of planning, but they finally made it happen. 

He would spend two days touring the picturesque little town with his mother and aunt. Yang Yang and Meng Asai would arrive on the second day, and they would have dinner altogether. On the third day his mother and aunt would go off to visit their tea factories, and he would remain in Dali with Yang Yang for a couple of days, chaperoned by Meng Asai. 

After Yang Yang and Meng Asai depart, his mother and aunt would return. The gang from Xinyu, comprising of Xiaoyu and two other guys, would arrive with their bicycles. Then the epic cycling trip to Tibet would begin. 

This August is going to be lit, and in a good way. Zhang Zhehan smiled as he directed the two women to pose next to a signpost. Compared to last August, that is.

The next evening, after a leisurely day of sightseeing, he led the ladies into a private dining room of a classy restaurant which Yang Yang had researched and pre-booked.

There, he tried to calm down as he waited for his lover to arrive. 

"Has that boy's flight arrived?" Mama Zhang asked, referring to Yang Yang. 

Zhang Zhehan nodded nervously and took a long sip of tea, swirling it around his mouth to freshen his breath. Then he laughed at himself mockingly. Why am I gargling my mouth? It's not as if I am going to kiss him right here. 

"Yes mom. He has landed and will come here straight from the airport."

As if right on cue, there was a knock on the door before it opened. The waiter ushered in two masked-up men who were still wearing their sunglasses.