Hide and Seek

Taeyong had been raising the newest unit, the Dreamies, for a few months now and it was not easy. He didn't know why their CEO thought having a bunch of kids aged 3-9 to train and raise up was a good idea but he was the one who ended up being responsible for them.

Right now, he was paranoid. He had brought the kids with him to work. There was something he had to do and he did not trust leaving seven kids, nine and under, alone by themselves. The whole ride to the company, he lectured them about behavior and staying out of trouble but he could only hope that they listened and stayed seated where he had left them.

It was wishful thinking. As soon as he stepped out of the room that the rest of 127 was in, he found all seven Dreamies were gone.

"I'm sorry, guys! I gotta go" Taeyong quickly dismissed himself and began searching the entire building. The others would understand; he knew they would.

"Mark! Jeno! Jisung!" He called but there was no answer. He had no idea where those kids could be. Half of them were small enough to fit literally anywhere and that thought scared him. One of them could get hurt or wander outside and be taken. With that in mind, he searched faster. He called for all of them but still, no response.

Finally after what felt like a lifetime, he heard giggling and followed it.

"Park Jisung!" Taeyong stormed over to the youngest, moving him away from the outlet he had been about to stick his hand into. Jisung looked up at him with wide eyes and tears started to form. Before Taeyong could do anything, Renjun darted out from his hiding spot, taking Jisung's hand and trying to run.

"Huang Renjun!" Taeyong brought the eight year old to a stop. Renjun slowly turned his head, looking into the angry eyes of his guardian.

"Let go of Jisung and come here" Taeyong pointed in front of him. Renjun nervously glanced around the room before turning back to Taeyong. He didn't move.

"Now, little boy" Taeyong added, getting Renjun to move finally. As soon as he was within reach, Taeyong knelt down in front of the two boys, taking Renjun's hand.

"Do you want to tell me the one thing I specifically told you all to do while we were here?" Taeyong waited. Renjun looked around again and Taeyong had a slight suspicion that the three of them weren't the only ones in the room.

"We were to stay seated and not move unless we had to go bathroom, in which case we were to get you" Renjun answered perfectly, remembering what Taeyong said word for word.

"So why did you disobey me,hmm?" Taeyong rubbed a hand up and down Renjun's arm, sensing that the kid was nervous.

"It was all Channie's idea! He made us go with him" Renjun raised his tiny voice, tears of frustration gathering in his eyes. He knew that he was in trouble and blamed his friend. Taeyong could vaguely hear some tiny voice muttering snitch from somewhere in the room; Haechan was hiding with them.

"Hey, inside voice please" Taeyong scolded softly. Renjun nodded, wiping at his eyes.

"Whether it was Haechan's idea or not, you didn't have to go along with it. Do you understand?" Taeyong explained. Renjun began to cry harder but he still nodded.

"I was going to send you back to sit down but obviously I can't trust you to do what your told so your going to come with me while I find the others" Taeyong stood back up.

"Yes sir" Renjun nodded miserably, following Taeyong.

"Take my hand please" Taeyong instructed, satisfied when the boy slipped his little hand into Taeyong's own.

"Donghyuck! I know you're in here so you better come out" Taeyong felt kind of silly talking to an empty room but it worked. Haechan stepped out from behind some box thing and walked over to Taeyong with his head hung low.