Dead Duck

"Jisung is touching the disposal again!" Haechan yelled. Taeyong closed his computer and went into the kitchen, picking up the four year old and moving him away from the kitchen.

"Haechan, if your brother goes near the disposal, don't you think you should try to stop him while trying to get me?" Taeyong pointed out.

"Why would I? Your the adult" Haechan argued. Taeyong just sighed and left him alone. Haechan seemed to have a smart answer to everything recently and most of the time, Taeyong didn't have the energy to argue with a seven-year-old. 

"Okay, Jisung. The disposal is bad. Don't touch the bad thing" Taeyong tried to make it simple enough that a four-year-old could understand but Jisung tilted his head to the side and looked at Taeyong with the widest eyes. Taeyong knew exactly what Jisung was doing and he hated to say that it was working. 

"Go play" Taeyong let the maknae go, knowing that he was doing the wrong thing and he really should make sure that Jisung knew why going near the sink was wrong but he would just have to keep a closer eye on the kid to ensure that nothing happened. Jisung stayed upstairs most of the day, playing so Taeyong didn't have to worry about him too much. Until it was dinnertime and afterwards, all the boys stayed downstairs with Taeyong. That meant he got no work done because he was too busy watching to make sure no one started fighting or got hurt. He didn't even notice Jisung going into the kitchen until he heard the disposal turn on and by then it was too late.

"Park Jisung! What did I tell you earlier?" Taeyong picked the four year old up again, turning the disposal off and moving Jisung away. The kid was crying and Taeyong worried that he had gotten hurt. 

"MY DUCKY!!!" Jisung started to wail and he did not stop no matter how much Taeyong tried to get him to. 

"Okay, its okay. I'll buy you a new ducky. Please stop crying" Taeyong rocked Jisung back and forth in an attempt to get him to quiet down. It didn't work. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Jaemin stated, appearing in the doorway.

"I'm not in the mood Jaemin" Taeyong didn't feel like dealing with a sobbing four year old and a smart ass six year old. 

"He's just going to do it again because he knows you'll keep buying him new ones. He's the one who put it down the drain after you told him not to go near it so let him suffer without his rubber ducky" Jaemin explained. Taeyong had to admit; that actually made sense but he was desparate for Jisung to be quiet so he didn't listen and a week later, Jisung did the same thing. This time, Taeyong knew that Jaemin had been on the right track. 

"Told you so!" Jaemin sang as he passed by, carrying a book for dramatic effect. Taeyong knew it was for dramatic effect because Jaemin doesn't read. There's only three people in the house that read: Taeyong, Jeno and Renjun.

"Go to your room" Taeyong yelled after him. Jaemin ran off upstairs and joined Chenle in playing. 

"And you, little boy, what have I told you?" Taeyong knelt down in front of Jisung, who was still crying but not as much since he was sure that he would get a new toy. 

"Don't touch the disposal" Jisung tried not to show how much he was loving this but Taeyong noticed and it made him more upset. He was raising a spoiled kid. 

"So why did you?" Taeyong wondered, taking Jisung's hands in his. 

"It's shiny!" Jisung's eyes sparkled with excitement and Taeyong almost laughed. 

Keyword: Almost.

"You shouldn't have done that. I am very disappointed in you" Taeyong was aware that was going to start Jisung crying again and he was prepared for that. To his surprise, it didn't. Jisung just stared at him with watery eyes and sniffled. Taeyong pulled him closer, lifting Jisung's shirt a little.

Spank Spank Spank Spank

"Hyung loves you and I just want you to be safe. You could get hurt touching the disposal, did you know that?" Taeyong picked Jisung up, holding him close. Jisung shook his head, looking surprised. 

"Yeah, there's this sharp blade at the bottom of it and if your hand gets stuck when it turns on...well, that would be a big ow" Taeyong was going to go into more detail but he realized that this was not one of the older kids and he didn't want to scare Jisung into never going in the kitchen again. 

"Oh..." Jisung understood now and he felt bad. 

"But that's my fault. Hyung should have explained that to you the first time so you understood better" Taeyong knew that it was partly his fault. Jisung just nodded again, still looking really upset. 

"Come on Ji. Don't be upset, it's over now and you know for next time. Just know now that when I tell you no to something, there is a reason for that even if you don't know the reason. Okay?" Taeyong explained.

"Okay hyungie!" Jisung smiled, brightening up. Taeyong set him down and watched the kid run off, the trouble he had just been in completely forgotten to the kid. Taeyong wished he could get over things that easily as well. 

_____________________
So on today's edition of what did my kid do. He put his toy down the disposal (hence the subject of the chapter) and now he's crying because his rubber ducky is gone.  

Mark-10
Renjun-9
Jeno-8
Haechan-7
Jaemin-6
Chenle-5
Jisung-4