Heart of fire

Jaemin twirled the lighter in his hand, looking around to make sure no one was watching. He knew this was wrong but it was just so...intriguing that he couldn't stop. Besides, its not like he was touching it. He knew that would hurt and he was trying to be careful. He didn't want to get in trouble. 

"What are you doing?" Haechan walked into the room. Jaemin quickly dropped the lighter, hiding it with his foot. They were supposed to be going out soon so all the boys were dressed in their 'best clothes'. It wasn't actually their best clothes but Taeyong was learning to pick his battles. And he had already sent Mark to change three times because what the kid was wearing was way too provocative for a social party.

"Nothing!" Jaemin didn't know if Haechan would tell on him or not but he wasn't really eager to find out. Haechan looked at him skeptically. 

"Mhm, sure. Come on, we're leaving" Haechan didn't believe Jaemin for a single moment but he would find out more later. He didn't want to stress Taeyong out more than the guy already was knowing that he was going to be taking seven kids to a party where they had to make a good impression. Jaemin blushed a little, realizing that he was going to have to move and that might give him away. He didn't have much of a choice though so he tried to move as quickly as possible before Haechan realized what he had been hiding.

"Na Jaemin!" Haechan caught his dongsaeng's arm.

"Hyung please! Don't say anything" Jaemin pleaded. Haechan looked at the lighter on the floor, going to pick it up and putting it in his pocket.

"You are so dead when hyung finds out" Haechan shook his head. He couldn't believe that Jaemin of all people was the one with a lighter.

"Please, don't tell him! I will do anything. I will do all your chores for a month! Two months" Jaemin fell to his knees, begging. He knew that he was going to get in trouble if Taeyong found out. Haechan found himself actually considering that but he scolded himself. What Jaemin did wasn't jus against the rules, it was dangerous. But still, Haechan didn't want to see his little brother get in trouble.

"Never mess with fire again and I won't tell. If I catch you with a match or lighter, I will tell Taeyong-hyung" Haechan warned. Jaemin knew that was the best he was going to get so he agreed. He was going to mourn the loss of his lighter but it was for the best, even if he really liked watching the little flame.

"What is taking you guys so long? Let's go" Renjun came up, looking irritated. He grabbed Haechan and Jaemin by the hands and dragged them downstairs. Finally, they could leave. The weight of the lighter settled in Haechan's pocket, reminding him of what he was doing. He began to feel guilty but he had promised not to tell. Jaemin sent nervous glances his way, only making the others more suspicious. 

Taeyong noticed that there was something wrong between Haechan and Jaemin but he didn't want any problems during the party so he reminded himself to ask the two boys about it later and just hope that they didn't lie to him. He didn't even get the chance because less than an hour later, his attention was diverted. The maknaes were sitting down, looking tired and Taeyong knew they were going to have to leave soon. The other kids had divided as soon as they arrived, doing who knows what. 

"Wait! Haechan, don't do this" Jaemin trailed after his hyung, tears brimming his eyes. Taeyong was directly ahead of them so he didn't have a lot of time to stop Haechan.

"I told you what would happen" Haechan shook his head, dragging Jaemin along behind him. The younger began to cry, aware that he was helpless against the older boy and there was nothing he could do. He just hoped that Taeyong wouldn't be too mad, or would at least wait until they were home to start lecturing. 

"What is going on?" Mark stopped the two of them just before they got to Taeyong. The man started walking over, noticing that something was wrong.

"Nothing. I need to talk to hyung" Haechan didn't feel like explaining himself twice. Luckily, he didn't have to because Taeyong joined them. Unluckily, so did Renjun, bringing Jeno with him.