Trouble at the zoo

Taeyong rented a wagon for this particular day and made sure Jisung, Chenle, Jaemin and Haechan stayed in it. The other three could walk as long as they stayed close to Mark and of course Jaemin and Haechan could too if they wanted but the four seat wagon was just a precaution because Taeyong did not feel like losing even one of the boys and the younger four were more likely to wander off without thinking. 

"Hold my hands please boys" Taeyong instructed. Mark was in the very front, pulling his brothers' wagon behind him. Renjun and Jeno took Taeyong's hand as they walked to the zoo. Taeyong was well aware that taking seven boys to the zoo was not the best idea, considering that he just gotten through a very stressful time in his life caused by those seven boys but he was not going to let his own problems take away the kids' childhoods so he took them to the zoo and he was going to make it the best time he could for them. They deserved it.

"Mark, don't get too far ahead or you'll have to come walk beside me" Taeyong warned. Mark gave him a thumbs up, not even looking back. Taeyong really hoped that the boys would behave. After the last time he took them out somewhere, and they decided to play hide and seek in the store, he had not been too eager to take them out in public again.

Things were fine for a while until they were leaving the restaurant that they had gone to eat at. It was across the street from the zoo but still kind of on the grounds so Taeyong didn't have to pay to get back in. Haechan had begged to walk by himself so Taeyong let him out of hte wagon, quickly turning down Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung when they asked the same thing which led to a complete meltdown from two of them.

"Haechan, stay back here with me okay?" Taeyong called the seven year old back to him. Haechan slowed down a little but he didn't come back to Taeyong. 

"If you do not come back here right now your going back in the wagon" Taeyong threatened. Haechan huffed and came back to the group. Taeyong took his hand, giving him a hard glare. 

"Drop the attitude, little one. You know better than to walk ahead of me" Taeyong leaned down to whisper in Haechan's ear.

"Can we go across the street without you if we hold hands?" Renjun wondered, already grabbing Mark and Jeno's hands.

"Absolutely not" Taeyong answered without hesitation. He had turned his back for just a moment, and honestly he should learn to not turn his back on the boys, to talk with Haechan.

"You want to tell Lele that?" Mark remarked and Taeyong turned back in a hurry. Jisung seemed to realize his best friend was missing because he started screaming 'Lele' over and over again until Jeno just covered his mouth, muffling the youngest's words. 

"Mark, watch your brothers!" Taeyong ran across the street, catching Chenle before he could get too far or someone else could grab him, and carried him back to the other kids

"Anyone else want to test me!?" Taeyong snapped. The older boys shook their heads, a little scared and not wanting to get in trouble. Taeyong told them to start going across the street and he followed them, still holding Chenle.

"What's the one rule that I have about going across the street?" He asked the second youngest. 

"Hold one of hyungs' hands" Chenle answered, already knowing why he was in trouble.

"And did you do that?" Taeyong prompted. Chenle looked at his little hands and shook his head, pouting. Taeyong nodded, glad that Chenle realized that, and flipped the kid over a little.

Spank Spank Spank Spank Spank

"Nex time, listen to hyung, okay?" Taeyong caught up with the other kids, setting Chenle in the wagon and buckling the kid in.

"Yes hyung" Chenle sulked, not happy at being back in the stupid wagon but he knew better than to argue. Jaemin tried to climb out, tired of sitting and wanting to stretch his legs. Taeyong smacked the kid's hip lightly, setting him back in his seat.

"Come on hyung! He can walk with me. I'll hold his hand" Jeno offered. Taeyong considered it but he really did not want to take any chances. Still, Jaemin was six. Maybe he was old enough to talk a little bit by himself.

"Fine. But if you lose him, your both going to be in trouble" Taeyong helped Jaemin out and made sure that Jeno was holding the younger's hand before they continued looking through the zoo. Overall, Taeyong didn't have a complete heart attack and the boys only wandered off/crossed the street/left his sight a total of ten times. That was a new record for them but it did cause Taeyong to make up his mind:

He was never taking the boys anywhere big ever again. His heart couldn't take it. 

___________________________________
Mark-10
Renjun-9
Jeno-8
Haechan-7
Jaemin-6
Chenle-5
Jisung-4