Teenage rebellion

Taeyong was at a complete loss. He had dealt with tantrums, colds, fevers, teenage rebellion, his kids going to another country and even having to send one of them away because he couldn't help them. But this was beginning to be the hardest part of raising kids. The constant, non-stop, infinite, whatever other words there are for never ending, rebellion.

"Hey dad" Jisung slipped back into the house, shutting the door behind him. Jisung knew he was in trouble and he was prepared for that. He never should have left but Taeyong had been ratting on him for a long time and Jisung just got tired of it. 

"Do you have any idea what time it is right now, young man?" Taeyong had his head in his hands but he looked up a little so that he could see Jisung. So that he could see his kid was okay. 

"I know it was wrong" Jisung stated.

"Your damn right it was wrong!" Taeyong snapped. Jisung stopped talking and Taeyong took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. 

"I came back" Jisung added, as if that made everything better. Taeyong just looked at him and then went back to staring at the floor.

"Just...go to bed. I can't deal with this right now" Taeyong sighed deeply. One of those really deep 'I'm tired and I can't even think clearly because I'm tired and have completely given up on life or this thing that is making me tired' sighs that was like a punch to the gut for Jisung. 

"I... really am sorry" Jisung slipped his shoes off and hung his jacket up, going to the stairs. 

"I know Ji. I know you are" Taeyong believed Jisung, he had to. Jisung heard him but he decided to not say anything and went to Chenle's room instead of his own.

"You fucked up" Chenle stated, flipping through a comic book. He wasn't sure why he was even reading it but Haechan left it for him and Chenle was never one to disregard his brothers' interests, especially if they gave him a gift. 

"Gee thanks for reminding me" Jisung responded, going to the door that connected his and Chenle's room. He didn't open it or go through it though. 

"If you're expecting me to tell you it's all going to be okay and that dad isn't going to completely bury you alive, then you're going to be waiting for a long time" Chenle stated. Jisung huffed and went to his room, slamming the connecting door behind him.

"You're an asshole you know that, Lee Chenle!?" Jisung yelled.

"At least I'll get your side of the room once you're gone!" Chenle yelled back. Jisung didn't say anything back and a few minutes later, his light was out. 

"Lights out Chenle, you should've been asleep already" Lola peeked into the room. She had heard everything, even everything that happened downstairs, and decided to step in.

"Yes ma'am, sorry" Chenle closed the comic book, setting it to the side and getting up to hug Lola.

"Don't let your brother bother you too much. He's at the age of rebellion, it'll pass" Lola told him. Chenle knew that. He had been around for six of his brothers going through that stage and he had been through it himself. He would still be going through it but he had run out of energy to be a troublemaker. 

"I know that. I'm not worried and you and dad shouldn't be either. It'll pass" Chenle nodded. Lola smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

"Get some sleep, little one" She stated, getting ready to leave. 

"You know I can hear you guys, right!?" Jisung yelled from his room. Chenle just shook his head. If Jisung kept yelling, then he was going to wake up Ha-Yun and then both Taeyong and Lola would be upset. And if Jaemin was to get woken up, after dealing with college, high school and work, Jisung would be buried alive, dug back up by Jaemin and buried again by Taeyong.

"And you know your supposed to be asleep, right?" Lola responded. Jisung didn't answer once again. Lola motioned for Chenle to go to bed and he did. He wasn't surprised when he heard the door open and Jisung slip into his room and walk over to his bed. 

"If you kick me, I'm sending you back to your room" Chenle lifted the covers and Jisung slipped in next to him, not saying anything and staying in his little area. Chenle huffed and pulled him closer so that Jisung was laying his head on Chenle's arm.

"Your an idiot for sneaking out" Chenle scolded, staring at the ceiling. He could feel his shirt slowly getting wet but he didn't say anything.

"I know" Jisung sniffled. Chenle hugged him closer and soon, they were both asleep.