Taking risks

"Do you guys hear that?" Renjun paused, the cup halfway to his lips. Jeno and Haechan stopped moving too, listening intently but they heard nothing.

"Your just paranoid" Haechan waved his brothers concern aside. Renjun knew he wasn't just being paranoid but he brushed it aside.

"What are you three doing?" The three boys looked up, pushing their cups behind them. Jeno zipped his bag back up, hiding the bottle from sight.

"Mrs. Otto! So nice to see you!" Haechan stood up, covering his brothers.

"Let's go boys. Your not supposed to be out here" the woman led the way to the front office, trusting the boys would follow her.

"I'm going to bury you alive" Renjun glared at Haechan for getting them in trouble.

"Me? Your the oldest. Dad's going to kill you"  Haechan pointed out and Renjun knew he couldn't argue with that.

"We're all done for. I'll be surprised if we're allowed to leave the house ever again" Jeno interrupted. Renjun bowed his head in shame and embarrassment. His brothers were right. Taeyong came and got them and took the three home. 

"It was my fault. Don't be mad at them" Haechan took the blame. 

"No, it was mine. I'm older, I should have stopped it" Renjun shook his head, stepping forward.

"It was my idea" Jeno lied. It was Haechan's idea and Renjun was the one who suggested they go behind the bleachers so they didn't get caught but Jeno was the one who bought the soju from some upperclassmen. 

"Your all in trouble. We've talked about this before, guys. Not even a few months ago! You couldn't have at least waited a year or two" Taeyong crossed his arms, looking really disappointed. He had to leave work early and it was rather embarrassing taking a call to get the boys in front of his boss. 

"Sit down" He motioned to the couch and the boys sat down next to each other. Taeyong pulled a chair over, sitting in front of them.

"Look, your all getting older. I get that and I know your going to be more curious about things but you are too young to be drinking. It affects your mental and physical growth. Do you want to stay the same size you are now for the rest of your lives?" Taeyong lectured. The three shook their heads quickly, that thought terrifying them. 

"But getting older also means that you have eyes on you from all around. I'm watching you, your teachers are watching, the government, our CEO, society is watching all the time and one wrong move, everything your used to could be taken away in a second. Do you understand that?" Taeyong wondered. He hadn't been completely open about the precautions that needed to be taken but he hoped that as the boys got older, they would have the sense to know the difference between good and bad.

"We do understand" Renjun nodded, feeling even worse now. He and Mark had heard Taeyong talk about the risks that he was trying to prevent and knew that if they got into too much trouble or the CEO stopped believing that Taeyong was able to handle them, they'd be kicked out of the program and forced to go somewhere else. They would be separated. 

"No you don't. Otherwise, you wouldn't have done this" Taeyong corrected and really none of the boys could argue with that. He was right. 

"Come here" Taeyong said a few minutes later, managing to fit all three boys in his arms and hold them. Haechan was a little squished in the middle but he didn't complain. 

"Your going to go sit at the table and finish up any schoolwork that you missed" Taeyong told them. Jeno nodded and led the way into the kitchen, bringing his backpack with him. The other two followed. Taeyong stayed in the room with them, helping when needed until the other boys got home. 

___________________________
Mark-16
Renjun-15
Jeno-14
Haechan-13
Jaemin-12
Chenle-11
Jisung-10