Academically challenged

"Stupid! Stupid!" Chenle dropped his bag by the door, storming into the dorm.

"What's stupid?" Haechan wondered. He was the only one home since the other three high school kids were doing volunteer work and Jaemin and Jisung were supposed to be walking with Chenle, but he left them behind.

"Me apparently" Chenle responded sarcastically. Haechan sat up on the couch.

"Who told you that?" Haechan was curious now who had hurt his baby brother.

"My teacher" Chenle muttered sadly. Haechan stood up, grabbing Chenle's arm and dragging him back out the door. He sent a quick text to Mark, saying where he was just so the oldest didn't worry.

"Where are you going?" Jisung wondered.

"Shut up and follow us. We're going to need to hide a body" Haechan snapped. Jaemin and Jisung shrugged and changed direction.

"Okay, cool!" Jaemin readjusted his bag and shoved his hands in his pockets. Haechan was a little worried that Jaemin thought hiding a body would be cool but he didn't have time to think about that.

"Which room is this teacher in?" Haechan looked down at Chenle once they were inside the middle school.

"17B" Chenle answered without hesitating. He really wanted to see what his brothers were going to do.

"Ugh, Mrs. Otto" Jaemin pretended to gag. Haechan remembered Mrs. Otto and it was pretty safe to say nobody liked her.

"Be nice" Haechan stated.

"You literally wanted to kill her and hide the body not even five minutes ago" Jaemin pointed out. Haechan only shrugged and kept walking until he find 17B.

"Mrs. Otto! Nice to see you again" Haechan greeted cheerfully as he walked in.

"Mr. Lee, your back" Mrs. Otto sighed and Haechan knew why. He hadn't exactly been the model student when he was in seventh grade. He did wrinkle his nose a little. He would never get used to being called 'Mr. Lee', it just didn't feel right.

"You owe my brother an apology" Jisung interrupted before Haechan could cause some polite conversation and forgot the whole reason they were there.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Otto looked at Jisung confused.

"Park Jisung! You'll have me next year. I'm your worst nightmare" Jisung held his hand out politely. It wouldn't hurt to make somewhat of a good impression before he started seventh grade.

"Ji, no. I think I take that title" Haechan corrected. Jisung just looked at him and muttered something about being worse and Haechan having no idea the power Jisung held. Haechan decided to worry about that later.

"Why do I owe your brother an apology?" Mrs. Otto interrupted the brothers, bringing the topic back to the whole reason Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung were there in the first place.

"You called me stupid" Chenle said in a quiet voice. Jaemin gave her a death glare.

"I said he's academically challenged. Not stupid. I was about to request a meeting with your father to discuss Chenle's academics" Mrs. Otto explained. Chenle hates that term: academically challenged. It just sounded like a nicer way of saying stupid.

"Oh....well, you still made him feel stupid" Jaemin decided that it didn't matter how she said it. Chenle was hurt and nobody got away with hurting his baby brothers.

"I'm not apologizing" Mrs. Otto shook her head. Chenle knew exactly what to do. Even if she hadn't meant to be insulting, Chenle still didn't like this teacher and he was going to make her life miserable.

He started crying.

The other boys could tell these were fake tears but judging by the sudden flash of panic on Mrs. Otto's face, she didn't know this.

"Please stop" she pleaded, really unsure of what to do. Chenle felt three more people walk up behind him and he knew who it was even without looking.

"What's going on here?" Mark put a protective arm around Chenle.

"Mrs. Otto called Lele stupid" Jisung answered for his brother. Chenle started 'crying' again even harder. Mark nodded, looking down at the teacher. It was clear she was intimidated and for good reason. All three oldest were twice her height and even Haechan was a few inches taller.

"I did not!" She insisted. Mark wasn't sure who was being honest but he was always going to believe his brothers over anyone else. No exceptions.

"Why don't you just apologize to our brother and we'll leave you alone?" Jeno suggested. Mrs. Otto refused to for a few more minutes but she was easily persuaded when Jisung started crying too. If there was one thing she did not do well with: it was crying children.

The boys all stayed quiet until they were outside and then they burst out laughing. They were laughing so hard that they had to stop walking and take a breath.

"What was that even about?" Jeno wondered amongst rapid breaths.

"You didn't know?! But you defended us!" Haechan was surprised.

"I don't know! I just knew there was a reason why you were there. Besides, your our brothers. Why wouldn't we defend you?" Jeno shrugged.

"Someone want to explain?" Mark looked at the younger four.

"She thinks I'm academically challenged and is going to talk with dad about it" Chenle answered as simply as possible. Renjun ruffled his hair, feeling bad for Chenle. As someone who was in fact 'academically challenged' due to his birth mother drinking while pregnant, he knew how it felt to be looked down upon.

"Your not stupid" Mark assured him. Chenle hadn't even said that but Mark could figure out what his brothers were thinking pretty clearly.

"Thanks" Chenle smiled, the first real smile he'd had all day. Taeyong went to talk with Mrs. Otto a few days later and when he got back, he was very confused.

"Does anyone want to tell me why Mrs. Otto was talking about 'your boys' and 'so disrespectful' and how 'you need to teach your kids better manners' the entire time I was there?" Taeyong wondered. All seven boys looked at each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes. Then they looked back at Taeyong and answered at the same time.

"No"

-----------------------------
Mark-17
Renjun-16
Jeno-15
Haechan-14
Jaemin-13
Chenle-12
Jisung-11