Purple Monster

"Are we sure about this?" Renjun was nervous. He didn't think this was a good idea and he was right.

"Hand me that and shut up" Mark pointed to a long piece of string. Renjun rolled his eyes, handing it to his only hyung.

"We're going to get in trouble" Jaemin, the sometimes voice of reason, pointed out. Mark ignored him and attached the string to the nail above the doorway. It usually held a key to the door, that only Taeyong could reach but Mark had pulled a chair over to the door and was using that, with a little help from Jeno, who was perched precariously on the chair, holding Mark up on his shoulders. As the tallest, this was his way of contributing to the prank.

"Only if we get caught" Haechan argued.

"And we're likely going to get caught" Jaemin declared, confident in his prediction. He was ignored once again as Mark finished up tying the string and climbed off Jeno's shoulders.

"Now, everyone go do something and make sure to act normal" Mark chased the younger kids off. Jaemin took Jisung's hand, leading him back to the table for them to continue their work.

"Are we going to get in trouble?" Jisung asked, worried. Chenle looked up from his own work, obviously not having thought of that.

"Don't worry, Ji. Hyung will protect you" Jaemin promised. He was a little annoyed at Mark and Haechan for their idea, knowing it would get all of them in trouble but he didn't voice this in front of the babies.

"What if you can't?" Chenle questioned.

"I will" Jaemin assured him. He would do anything to make sure his dongsaengs didn't get in trouble. Chenle didn't look convinced, but he decided not press the matter and went back to his homework. If he was going to get in trouble for his hyungs' prank, he didn't want to add not having his homework done to that.

Taeyong came back an hour later. He hadn't been gone very long, not wanting to leave the kids alone for too long. Mark was thirteen but he hadn't exactly proven him responsible enough to be alone with the other kids. He was completely oblivious to what the boys had been up to and went to his room to get cleaned up after greeting the youngest three at the table and Renjun, Jeno and Haechan in the living room. Mark was nowhere to be seen.

Jaemin tried to look busy even as he was watching under his long bangs. Renjun, Jeno and Haechan didn't even bother pretending, waiting for something to happen. Taeyong walked back into the living room, covered in purple slime. The three in the living room turned back to their game and the youngests focused back on their books even though they weren't working.

Taeyong picked up the remote, turning the TV off and ignoring the complaints he got because of that.

"Jaemin, Chenle, Jisung, come in here!" Taeyong called. Jaemin took the babies' hands, leading them into the living room.

"Sit down. Where is Mark?" Taeyong put his hands on his hips.

"We haven't seen him in a while" Renjun, as the oldest, answered for the others.

"Mark Lee!" Taeyong turned to the hallway. Less than a minute later, the teenager came out, looking nervous. Renjun glared at him for getting them in trouble. They all knew that they were in trouble and it was Mark and Haechan's fault.

"I am going to shower. I will be back in a few minutes and you better have a good explanation. None of you are to move from this couch" Taeyong explained.

"Yes hyung" "Yes sir" The boys answered. Taeyong nodded, satisfied and went to get the slime off him.

"This is all your fault!" Renjun turned on Mark as soon as he heard their guardian's door close.