Goodbye, goodbye

"Junnie-oppa!" Ha-Yun jumped up from his seat, running to Renjun and hugging him. His kids ran in and went to find their aunts or uncles or grandparents. 

"What are you doing here?" Ha-Yun wondered, looking up at her brother.

"I need to talk to mom and dad for a minute. Can you go find your brothers and sisters and niece and nephew" Renjun watched his sister run off and then he went to find Taeyong and Lola. They both ended up crying when he told them the reason for his visit but they understood. 

As it turns out, Renjun was not the only one who had the same idea. Jisung approached Taeyong and Lola with the same news and so did Chenle and Jeno and Haechan. Jaemin didn't and neither did Mark but they did both have their own news. 

"We're going to miss you guys so much" Lola hugged Jisung, not wanting to let go. It had been a few months since he went to talk to them and his entire house was empty now, packed into boxes in the car and moving truck that he was taking. Grace, Lilo and Keo were saying goodbye to their cousins and aunts and uncles. Kenji was refusing to leave his best friend's side. This was their last day as best friends, maybe even as friends at all since they were going to be in different countries. 

"Okay, Kenji get in the car please. It's time to go. I'll miss you all! We'll still talk though" Jisung waited for his oldest son to get in the car before he did the same and looked back at his family once more before driving off. He was going to the US. Jisung had thought long and hard about it and he knew this was the right thing to do. 

"Chenle..." Taeyong watched his second youngest of the original seven. Chenle finished getting Min-Jun strapped into his car seat and turned to his parents, pulling them into a hug.

"Like Jisung said, we'll still talk" Chenle promised. He was crying very quietly but no one noticed. Taeyong nodded but somehow, he knew that wasn't going to happen. His kids were growing up and they weren't always going to come back to him or Lola. Chenle and Jisung and Jaemin had even retired from being idols, only a few months before. They all got big job offers somewhere else and decided to pursue those instead. Taeyong understood. He couldn't ask his kids to stay with him for the rest of their lives. They needed to get out in the world. 

"Are you ready, babe?" Chenle wrapped an arm around Iseul and she nodded, hugging Lola and Taeyong as well before checking on their two kids and waiting for Chenle. He took a moment to say goodbye to his brothers and sisters before getting in the car and leaving. It was harder than anything he had ever done. Jaemin went next, headed for Japan. Haechan had left the night before, knowing it would be too painful to leave in front of his entire family. Taeyong and Lola had been the only ones that saw him go but he had called his brothers that morning to explain everything. 

"Bye!" Jaemin caught Isla when she almost fell out of the car. 

"Get back in your seat princess and make sure your buckled tightly" He instructed. 

"Well, I think she said it for all of us. See you later" The words felt wrong on Jaemin's tongue and he grimaced. He wasn't going to see his family later. This was truly goodbye, maybe forever. 

"Junnie-hyung! Don't leave" Ha-Yun pleaded, running to Renjun. Taeyong caught her and pulled her back. Renjun looked at his sister, sadly. He only looked away once Jeno put an arm around him and guided him towards the car. The two of them were going to the same airport so their families were leaving together. Taeyong watched them go. And then there was just one. Hee-Jin said bye first and got the kids settled down, giving Mark the chance to say bye. 

"Are you sure about this?" Taeyong wanted desperately to ask Mark not to go but he couldn't do that. Mark had gotten a big promotion at work and unfortunately, that meant he needed to move to Canada. At least he was going back to his home country and he would get to know where he came from.