Red paint

Renjun loved painting. It was one of his many passions and hobbies. Taeyong knew this and he never hesitated to spoil the kid with whatever he asked for, being careful to stay within the company budget given to him for fun things like that for the kids. 

The kids knew it too and that was where the problem arose. The youngest three liked finger painting, the only thing they had been trusted to do for quite some time since they were 'too little' to know how to properly use a brush. It wasn't until recently that Jaemin upgraded from using his hands to the more sophisticated option: brushes. 

Surprisingly, it was Jaemin who came up with the idea. The whole group had taken a trip to the grocery store for some food on the one condition that the kids stayed near Taeyong.  Already he had put ChenJi in the basket of the cart because they refused to stop running off, scolded Renjun for walking away when Taeyong's back was turned and had Haechan holding onto the cart because, like Renjun, Chenle and Jisung, he could not stand still.

"Haechannie, come with me" Jaemin tugged on his friends arm. Taeyong had his back turned so he didn't even realize the two kids had wandered off, circling back to the paint section. Renjun had been looking at a certain paint color, a deep blood red, which was the whole reason he got in trouble. Jaemin quickly located it, looking around to make sure no one was watching and put it in his pocket, running to rejoin the group before they were detected. Taeyong gave them a dark look, putting Haechan's hand back on the cart without a word and then doing the same for Jaemin. Neither of them argued, too nervous at being caught with the red paint in Jaemin's pocket. This raised a million red flags in Taeyong's mind and he made sure to keep a closer eye on the two.

He didn't suspect anything until they got to the checkout and Jaemin burst into tears, pulling the paint out of his jacket and presenting it to Taeyong with shame. The man said nothing, just putting the tube of paint next to the other items being purchased.

It wasn't until they got outside, and Taeyong got the groceries inside the car that he brought it up. Mark took care of Chenle and Jisung's car seats, getting the youngest two buckled and making sure everyone else has their seatbelts on. Taeyong set Jaemin down in his seat, still saying nothing.

"You do not steal!" Taeyong held Jaemin's hands in his own, smacking them lightly. Not enough to actually hurt but just to surprise him.

"I'm sorry!" Jaemin sobbed, tears streaming down his face like they had been since before the group left. Haechan leaned forward in his seat, rubbing his brothers arm as best he could.

"I don't want to hear another word out of you and when we go home, you go straight to your room. Do you understand?" Taeyong explained, irritated. He pulled the paint out of the bag it was in, handing it to Jaemin, who passed it to Renjun without a second thought. Taeyong's stern expression slipped a little then he reminded himself that Jaemin tried to steal.

Just as he said, Jaemin ran off as soon as he was inside. He had not stopped crying since they left the store and it made Taeyong feel a little bad.

"Na Jaemin, what were you thinking? You know stealing is wrong so why did you do it?" Taeyong entered the middle kids' room.

"I wanted to do something nice for Renjun-hyung! I didn't mean to" Jaemin lied. He had known exactly what he was doing but Taeyong didn't need to know that.

"Little boy, lying will only get you in more trouble" Taeyong crossed his arms.

"I'm not lying!" Jaemin insisted. Taeyong shook his head, not wanting to believe that the kid was still lying.

"He's not" Haechan interfered. 

"And how would you know?" Taeyong wondered. Something wasn't adding up right and he had a feeling he was about to find out why.

"Because I was with him" Haechan announced proudly. Taeyong sighed deeply, things just got more complicated. He didn't say anything else, and just drove home, sending the other kids ff to their rooms to occupy themselves while he talked to Jaemin and Haechan.

"You boys know stealing is wrong" Taeyong told them. 

"We're sorry" Jaemin responded. He did feel sorry for trying to take the paint but he didn't feel sorry for wanting to do something nice. 

"Sorry isn't enough this time" Taeyong pointed out, making Jaemin start crying all over again. Haechan went into full protective older brother mode and glared at Taeyong. 

"Both of you stand up and turn around" Taeyong motioned for them do so. Jaemin knew what was coming and he was nervous, moving slower than usual. Haechan was being stubborn so he moved a little faster, refusing to let this bother him. 

Spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank

"I'm proud of you for wanting to do something nice for Renjun but you could've asked me to buy it without him knowing. You didn't have to resort to stealing" Taeyong scolded Jaemin, turning the kid around to face him.

"I'm sorry" Jaemin nodded, understanding now. He had been trying to do something good but he realized now that it probably wouldn't have felt very nice for Renjun to know the paint he was using was stolen. 

"I know. I want you to go rest, take a nap if you need to but stay in your room" Taeyong pointed up the stairs. Jaemin ran off, closing the door to his room and flopping down on his bed. He was asleep within minutes. 

"And you. I know this was not your idea but you do not go along with it. Your older, you should have kept Jaemin from doing something like this. You could have come to me or just told him no" Taeyong explained. Haechan's glare slipped, realizing now the severity of what he had done. 

Spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank

"Same for you. Stay in your room and sleep if you have to. I'll come get both of you before dinner" Taeyong hugged Haechan briefly before sending the kid upstairs and going to find the others to bring them downstairs. He checked on Jaemin, finding him knocked out with the bunny plush he had since coming to Taeyong. The man still didn't know where it came from but he had a good idea that it was from the kid's family; whoever that was. 

_________________________
Mark-11
Renjun-10
Jeno-9
Haechan-8
Jaemin-7
Chenle-6
Jisung-5