Home alone 2

"This is stupid" Jisung glared at Mark.

"It's only temporary" Mark reminded him, pushing open the door to the daycare and leading (correction:pulling) his brother inside.

"Their all babies!" Jisung argued. He wasn't wrong. The place was full of babies but Mark had no other choice. His teacher wasn't letting Jisung stay in Mark's class anymore and Jisung's teacher was adamant that until she had a note with Taeyong's signature on it, Jisung could not return to class.

It's only temporary

"Have fun!" Mark let go of his brothers hand, pushing him further into the school daycare room and then turning and running. He heard Jisung yell something not school appropriate and the daycare lady scolded him. Serves the kid right.

"How did that go?" Renjun met Mark at their class, waiting for him outside.

"I ran before he could really get upset" Mark answered honestly.

"Yeah, honestly I'd do the same" Renjun couldn't be mad at Mark for abandoning their brother irf he would also do that. Jisung was let go to meet with them at lunch and he slammed his tray down in front of Mark, glaring at their oldest brother.

"Did you have fun?" Mark wondered, holding back a laugh.

"Yeah actually. The teacher said I was very responsible and she can't wait to see me again tomorrow" Jisung dropped his glare and smiled, scaring Mark. Renjun just laughed. Jisung was completely playing Mark and their oldest brother was falling for it.

"She also said it was very irresponsible of you to just turn and run and you owe me an apology gift" Jisung added. Renjun put his head down, his shoulders shaking with suppressed laughter. Mark pulled twenty dollars out of his pocket without a word and gave it to Jisung.

"Thanks" Jisung pocketed it, happy now. Mark went back to eating, not at all bothered. Until Lola had shown up, he was like the boys' second parent. He kind of still was but not as much. Jaemin, Jeno, Haechan and Chenle joined them and quiet conversation filled the table until the boys all had to leave again. Mark was quite glad that his brothers had not given him much trouble except a few things here and there.

"Lights out in ten minutes" Mark peeked into the middle boys' room. Jeno gave him a thumbs up, not looking away from his game with Haechan and Jaemin. Chenle and Jisung were already asleep and Jaemin was supposed to be as well but he had been surprisingly well behaved all day so Mark decided to let him stay up, giving the ten year old a short reprieve from his eight o'clock punishment.

"Why does he get to stay up and not us?" Chenle pouted. Well, he was asleep. Mark took his hand, leading him back to his room and lifting Chenle into bed.

"Because you decided to mouth off and be a little kid while he's been acting like a model student and perfect kid all day" Mark ran a hand through Chenle's hair until the kid was asleep again and then he left. Mark trusted that his middle brothers would listen but they didn't. He ended up falling asleep. When he woke up, he could hear laughter and talking from across the hall. Looking at the time, he felt a rush of annoyance and he got up. Renjun was asleep, holding tightly to his phone.

"What did I tell you?!" Mark walked in, shutting the door and starting to clean up his brothers game.

"Ten minutes-oh!" Jeno looked at the clock for the first time in three hours. Mark nodded and took Jeno's controller. Haechan tried to protect Jaemin but he got caught first and pulled away from Jaemin.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Wait! Mark, don't!" Jaemin pleaded, holding his arms up to ward Mark off. It only worked against him and helped Mark get Jaemin on his feet.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Go to bed, both of you! You're grounded from video games for a week. All of you" Mark glanced at Jeno, who averted his eyes. He didn't struggle either when Mark grabbed his hand and turned him to the side.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"If I have to come in here again, you'll get double" Mark warned. The three younger boys looked at him, teary eyed, and nodded. When he went back, Jisung was in his bed and Renjun was half awake, cuddling Chenle.

"I thought for sure Dad was home for a minute. Your scary"  Renjun told him, closing his eyes to sleep again. Chenle squirmed a little in his hold and Renjun loosened his tight hold on the Chinese maknae. Mark shook his head at the two of them, picking Jisung up and holding the real maknae close to him as he laid down. When he woke up, Jisung had taken up most of the bed and the middle three were curled up in a makeshift bed on the floor. If Mark knew any better, he'd say that they were going to have a sleepover for a little while.

______________________________
Mark-14
Renjun-13
Jeno-12
Haechan-11
Jaemin-10
Chenle-9
Jisung-8