Energized boredom

"Jisung, stop running" Taeyong glanced up from his phone when he heard the four year old running around again. He had told Jisung several times to sit down and stop running but Jisung had too much energy to do that. Normally Taeyong didn't care if the boys were running around but Mark had a project that he was working on and Taeyong didn't want Jisung to accidentally bump into it and ruin the project. The oldest had been working on it for days so Taeyong knew he was going to get mad if it ended up broken. 

"I'm not running!" Jisung insisted. Taeyong looked up again. 

"Don't lie to me, little boy. Do you want to go spend time in the corner?" Taeyong warned. Jisung huffed and sat down on the couch, pouting. Taeyong didn't give him the satisfaction of a reaction and soon Jisung was up again but this time he left the room. Taeyong didn't think anything of it until much later when he heard three different things. 

1)something breaking

2)crying

3)someone yelling

Taeyong got up to check on the kids but he was interrupted by the door opening and Renjun slipping in, trying to go undetected.

"Your late" Taeyong stated, letting Renjun know he had been caught.

"Leave me alone" Renjun mumbled, dropping his bag and flopping down onto the couch.

"Excuse you?" Taeyong wanted to make sure he heard that right. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"I said leave me alone! Are you deaf or something?!" Renjun snapped. Taeyong wasn't really sure where Renjun's attitude came from but he wasn't liking it.

"Corner" Taeyong stated. Renjun's eyes widened and he sat up.

"But-" "Now!" Taeyong snapped, going up the stairs. He could hear Renjun get up and go to one of the corners in the room. Taeyong would deal with him later. Right now, he wanted to know why he heard something break, someone crying and someone else yelling but now it was quiet. Not good.

"Get off me!" Chenle whined, pushing Jaemin away from him. Jisung was standing off to the side, staring at the broken lamp on the floor like it was a friend he had just lost. Jaemin was trying his very best to smother Chenle with a pillow, possibly hoping to suffocate his brother.

"Na Jaemin" Taeyong stood behind Jaemin and Chenle, one hand darting out to catch Jaemin's shirt and pull him up. Jaemin squealed indignantly, fighting against Taeyong when the man swatted him twice.

"Anyone care to explain how Jisung's lamp broke?" Taeyong glanced at the maknae, who was still looking mournfully at his broken tiger lamp.

"We didn't mean to!" Chenle defended himself, puffing his chest out so he looked bigger. Jaemin rolled his eyes and, despite still being in Taeyong's grasp, poked his brother so Chenle curled in on himself and went back to his normal size.

"Oh I'm sure you didn't but you two were fighting?" Taeyong guessed.

"Not me! Jaemin's the one who attacked me" Chenle shook his head.

"That's bullshit! Your the one who wouldn't get off my bed even when I asked you to! And your still laying on it" Jaemin argued.

"Jaemin!" Taeyong scolded but he was ignored.

"Only cause you pushed me onto it!" Chenle responded heatedly. Jaemin tried to lunge at his brother and bite him but Taeyong slapped a hand over the boys mouth, stopping him.

"Chenle, go downstairs and sit on the couch. I don't want you to move. And don't tease your brother" Taeyong added the last part after a slight pause. The last thing he needed was Renjun getting upset because his younger brother teased him. Chenle looked confused at that statement but he realized why Taeyong said it once he went to the living room.