Accidents happen

Jaemin smiled, feeling the air brushing against him. Chenle was doing a fine job and Jaemin had made sure to tell him so as they sped down the road, not a single care in the world. Jisung was belting out lyrics for the song playing and Chenle laughed along with him.

"Can we switch now?" Chenle looked over at Jaemin. The older nodded and told his brother where to pull over. Jaemin started to drive but right before he pulled out, another car came speeding towards them. Jaemin had just enough time to put his arm in front of Chenle.

"Jisung! Hold on" Jaemin watched the car coming towards them. There was no time for him to move and soon, the two cars met. Jaemin's head snapped back into the seat and the impact left him dizzy. He closed his eyes for just a moment but he didn't open them again as he felt their car being pushed to one side and then.....

They were rolling. Jaemin knew it. The car had been pushed down a hill. He could feel something piercing his side but he didn't want to know what it was. He couldn't feel his legs and there was blood trickling down his face. His arm, that he had thrown in front of Chenle, was numb and there was white hot pain all over his body. He let himself rest, hoping he'd wake up again.

The next time Jaemin opened his eyes, his sight was filled with flashing lights. He wasn't in the car anymore, instead he was laying on one of those rolling beds he had only ever seen in medical shows.

"My brothers! Where are my brothers?" Jaemin tried to sit up but gave up when someone pushed him back down.

"Their okay. You protected them. You probably saved their lives" The person talking was young, Jaemin could tell even though everything was blurry. He nodded once, glad to hear that.

As long as Chenle and Jisung were okay, he didn't care what happened.

"I need you to tell me your name. And your brothers names" Jaemin groaned as he tried to talk. There was blood in his mouth which even he knew was not a good sign.

"Jaemin. Lee Jaemin. The one in the front with me is Chenle and the one in the back is Jisung. My dad's name is Lee Taeyong" Jaemin said as quickly as he could, wrapping one arm around his waist. His ribs were either bruised or broken.

"Do you know his number?" The paramedic wondered. Jaemin shook his head and pulled his phone out, trying his best to unlock it and call Taeyong before handing it to the nice lady. He was too tired to try talking to Taeyong himself. Jaemin closed his eyes again, drowning out the sounds of the paramedic explaining the situation over his phone. At some point, he knew that he had been put into an ambulance and he was being taken to a hospital. He hoped that Jisung and Chenle weren't badly hurt. 

"Jaemin!" Mark ran in, hugging his brother. Jaemin had been laying in the hospital bed for a few minutes now, getting bandaged up and having a million tests done. So far he knew that he got a shard of glass in his eyelid, three broken ribs, a large cut on his forehead, a concussion and he broke his leg. Not to mention the giant piece of glass from the windshield that broke off and got stuck in his arm. 

"Careful Mark. I'm in pain" Jaemin pushed Mark off a little, the older boy quickly apologizing. 

"How are you doing?" Taeyong wondered, checking over Jaemin. He was acting way too calm but inside he was screaming in panic. 

"Like I didn't just roll down a hill in a metal box" Jaemin joked. Taeyong figured that was a good sign. Though Jaemin might just be joking around because he was high on anesthesia. 

"How's Lele and Ji?" Taeyong asked when Lola walked in with Renjun and Haechan. Jeno was standing awkwardly next to Jaemin's bed, obviously wanting to check on his little brother but not knowing what to say.