Chores

"Family meeting! In the living room" Taeyong called, irritated when he tripped over yet another toy left out in the middle of the floor.

"What's wrong?" Jeno peeked around the corner of the kitchen.

"Sit down. Where are your brothers?" Taeyong pointed to the couch. Jeno plopped down, a little concerned.

"Their all upstairs" Jeno answered. Taeyong went up the few stairs there were to the second floor and checked into the nursery and Jeno, Jaemin and Haechan's room. Mark and Renjun's was on the first floor, along with Taeyong's room and office.

"Downstairs. I want to talk to all of you" Taeyong was well aware that his tone meant trouble to the boys and he didn't care. He was not very pleased with them at all. Mark paused his game and led the way downstairs. The others followed quickly.

"What did we do? Is something wrong?" Mark wondered.

"Yes, something is wrong actually. I want you all to look around and tell me what you see" Taeyong crossed his arms. The boys all looked around but they didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"All of you stay here. I'll be back" Taeyong went to his room and got a big poster board. He sat in front of the boys and started writing. He also handed the boys little cards and told them to write their names before he revealed the poster.

"These are the chores that need to be done every month. Some will be done every day, some once or twice a week" Taeyong explained.

"Chores?" Renjun whispered, surprised. Taeyong knew then that he had let the boys do too much and get away with too much.

"Yes. Chores. Your names will go on here and every month, your chore will change. Does that make sense?" Taeyong explained.

"Why do we have to do chores? We're just babies" Jaemin pouted and put on his puppy eyes to prove his point.

"Your old enough, Minnie" Taeyong responded, shooting down Jaemin's attempt to get out of chores. Jaemin pouted, wrinkling his nose and sticking his tongue out a little. It was his usual sour face that made an appearance a few months back. Taeyong found it adorable but he would never say that out loud.

"Everyone understand?" Taeyong repeated and this time he got six yes's. Jisung and Chenle still looked confused but Taeyong would help them later.

"Good. Now I am going to be checking every day to make sure that your chores are getting done. If you need help, you can always ask but I won't do it for you. Not getting chores done will result in loss of privileges or if happens three times, a smacking" Taeyong decided.

"What kind of privileges?" Renjun raised his hand even though he didn't have to.

"Well, early bedtime maybe, not being able to play video games, not hanging out with friends" Taeyong listed. He was sure he could come up with more but for now, that was all he could think of.

"We don't have friends" Renjun pointed out.

"Yeah, all we have is each other. You never let us go outside" Haechan agreed. Renjun smacked him over the head.

"Oh really? What about the WayV boys?" Taeyong wanted to laugh at that but he managed to keep his composure.

"Their all old" Mark wrinkled his nose.

"Mark, most of them are around your age" Taeyong pointed out. Mark shrugged and went back to picking at a hole he had made in his jeans.

"Alright, now please clean all these toys up so someone doesn't trip over them" Taeyong requested. The boys nodded and most of them started cleaning up. Taeyong watched them, satisfied and went to start making dinner.