Dye

Jaemin stuck his tongue out, concentrating intently on the project in front of him. Jeno tried not to move too much. For one Jaemin had already snapped at Haechan for being too fidgety and even threatened to lock the maknaes in their room if they didn't stop moving while he was working on their hair.

Why Jaemin was the one doing this was a complete mystery. But he had very nimble and agile hands and the boys trusted him. So he was dying and cutting their hair. It was nearing midnight. Jaehyun and Jungwoo were asleep downstairs after gaming for the past two hours. They were supposed to be watching the boys but they got distracted. Mark felt a little bad for his hyungs, knowing Jaehyun and Jungwoo would be in trouble as well for not doing what they were supposed to.

"Are you almost done?" Renjun huffed. He was the only one who had not gone yet, besides Jaemin himself and he was getting tired. He had been studying all day, due to having a test the next day, so Renjun really wanted to get some sleep. Mark and Renjun had been dared to change their hair up, since they were thirteen and fourteen now and getting ready to enter high school or their last year of middle school, so they went with it. After telling their brothers, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung wanted to do it too. Which is why they were sitting in Taeyong's bathroom, Jaemin's hands soaked in a variety of colors and towels wrapped around the boys' shoulders so they didn't stain their shirts or skin.

"Patience young padawan. The Master is working" Jaemin responded quickly, too focused to even bother with a serious answer. Renjun rolled his eyes and settled down to wait. 

"There!" Jaemin finished putting in the last of the dye and told Jeno not to touch it. Renjun took Jeno's seat and Jaemin started working again. It took him another whole hour and then Mark did Jaemin's hair, and they sat up, talking and waiting for their hair to dry so they could go to sleep. 

No one was even slightly aware of what the seven boys were doing until the next day. Jaehyun said every curse word he could think of when he saw his dongsaengs hair. 

"What...did you do?!" Jungwoo stared in complete shock. He could not believe what he was seeing. 

"Do you like it?" Chenle asked, desperate for praise. He had been nervous the night before but he did like his hair. Jungwoo's mouth hung open and he started to think of cursing but he didn't. These were his dongsaengs. He didn't want them picking up bad words from him.

"Yeah, Lele. It's....really something. Why don't you all go upstairs and I'm going to make a call. Jae, watch them" Jungwoo was trying so hard to keep his cool and not freak out. One night! He and Jaehyun had to watch them for one night and all seven boys ended up with hair that was definitely not their usual black. At least Renjun still had mostly black. Jaehyun nodded, getting over his shock and herded the boys upstairs. Then he started inspecting and getting a better look at their hair. 

"Oh your dad is going to kill us" Jaehyun ran his hands through Jaemin's pink hair, taking a deep breath to calm himself. A few minutes later, Taeyong came in. His hair was disheveled. He had run all the way there, not even bothering to wait for a taxi or someone to drive him. 

"What. Happened?!" Taeyong panted heavily, catching his breath. 

"We dyed our hair" Mark was starting to realize this was a bad idea. 

"Why!?" Taeyong tried to think of something better to say but there was nothing. He just wanted to know why. 

"Don't you like it?" Chenle worried now that this might not have been a good idea.

"Are we in trouble?" Haechan guessed, already knowing the answer to that. Taeyong covered his face with one hand, trying to think. 

"Your hair...it's...it's purple! What do you think, Donghyuck?! Yes you are in trouble. All of you! I-" Taeyong stopped and looked at Jaehyun, who backed up in fear.