Bad attitude

Jisung and Chenle looked at each other when they heard a door slam. There was only one person who it could be: Mark. Ever since turning eleven, Mark had a terrible attitude about everything and he took it out on the younger boys. They had all done their best to stay out of his way but it didn't always work every time.

"Is that Mark?" Haechan walked in, looking tired. He had been on the receiving end of Mark's bad attitude for several days now, it was Jeno who dealt with it before Haechan and was glad to be rid of the negative attention.

"Who else would it be? Renjun hasn't hit the awkward preteen phase yet" Jeno rolled his eyes. He was getting tired of his oldest brother's behavior. While he was glad that Mark was no longer terrorizing him, Jeno did feel bad for Haechan.

"What are we going to do?" Renjun wondered. He was tired too; they all were but no one had any idea of how to stop Mark.

"We could always tell hyung?" Jisung suggested.

"No, if he hasn't noticed yet, he never will. Unless...." Jaemin shook his head and then he got an idea and he grinned. It was perfect. Or it would be as long as they didn't get caught.

"What are you thinking?" Jeno did not like the look on Jaemin's face. Whatever the younger was thinking, it was going to be disastrous. But it would be worth it.

"Haechannie, are you prepared to make Mark really, really mad at you?" Jaemin questioned. 

"Why me?" Haechan wondered. Jaemin huffed as if that was obvious. It kind of was since Haechan was the current target of Mark's aggression.

"Because I came up with the idea which automatically rules me out. Mark would never get mad at the maknaes, Jeno has been through enough and Mark would get too suspicious if it was Renjun. They never fight. That just leaves you. Please, hyungie??!" Jaemin begged. Haechan rolled his eyes and gave in, only because he didn't want to listen to Jaemin's whining. 

"Okay, here's the plan" Jaemin explained everything and told everyone their jobs. Jisung and Chenle would wait in their room until they heard Mark and Haechan fighting and then they would go get Renjun and Jeno. The younger of the two was in charge of making sure that there was a mic or at least something to amplify the sounds from inside the room and Renjun was in charge of recording through the door without getting caught. It was a foolproof plan.

At least, it should have been. And it was for a while but nothing good lasts forever, not even the most well thought out plan ever. 

"Hello boys. What are you all doing?" The last thing Taeyong expected to see when he came in was five of his boys all sitting on the couch as if they had been waiting for him. Of course that was exactly what they had been doing but he did not know that yet. 

"We decided that we want to have a movie night! We have the perfect movie to watch too! Its kind of short though but I think it'll be very....entertaining for all of us" Renjun explained, trying to look as happy as he could. Taeyong nodded. It wasn't often that the boys would pick out a movie for them to watch so he was very curious as to what they had picked. Taeyong did not suspect a single thing until they were sitting down to watch the movie. Haechan and Mark came downstairs, glaring at each other. Mark had been in his room all day since he got home, having no idea what his brothers were planning and Haechan had been in his room trying to quell the guilt that he felt at the plan that was slowly coming together.

"Sit down! It's about to start" Renjun led Taeyong over to the couch and made him sit down. Jeno was getting the computer that they had downloaded the video and audio onto hooked up to the TV so they had a bigger screen. Jisung sat down next to Taeyong and pressed play and the six boys sat back to watch the chaos unfold. 

"What is this?" Taeyong picked up right away that something was wrong. This was not a normal movie and that much was clear. Mark's eyes got really wide and he looked at his brothers, figuring out what they had done. All six of them avoided looking at him and kept their attention on the screen or the floor. 

"Mark Lee, what is this?" Taeyong demanded to know.

"It's staged. I swear. We wanted to put on a whole movie but I guess it didn't go the way we thought" Mark lied.

"You liar! You've been terrorizing us for weeks. First Jeno and now Haechan! We didn't make this whole thing up!" Jisung argued. Taeyong had heard enough. 

"Mark, go to your room. We'll get this sorted out" Taeyong decided. Mark huffed and argued.

"That's not fair! They made this up" Mark insisted.

"Go upstairs! Now" Taeyong repeated. Mark glared at him, gave his brothers a death look and went upstairs.

"I know we should have come to you sooner but we didn't know how to address it until we got proof. And maybe this was a bad idea. We just didn't know how else to do it" Renjun felt really bad for what they did. Even if it was for good reason and was somewhat justified, they were pretty much set up Mark to get in trouble. Though it looked like now, Mark would not be the only one in trouble. 

"Come here. All of you" Taeyong sat down on the couch and gathered the six boys around him.

"First of all, I want you to know that I'm sorry you have been dealing with this. You should have told me sooner. But doing this the way you did was wrong. You set up Mark and you humiliated him" Taeyong explained. Jisung grabbed for Chenle's hand, squeezing it painfully. Jeno patted Jaemin's head, the younger feeling incredibly sorry since this was his idea.

"We're sorry. It won't happen again" Haechan took the lead this time. He was angry that Mark got away with how he treated the younger boys for so long but Haechan knew that what the six of them did was just as wrong too.

"I know you are. And I'm taking into consideration that you were desperate to get my attention. Which is why your not in too much trouble. I want all of you to go get ready for bed. That should be punishment enough for this little stunt" Taeyong had Chenle in his lap but he set the kid down now and waited for all the boys to go upstairs before he followed them.

"Mark, do you want to tell me what that was downstairs? Be honest this time" Taeyong waited.

"Fine. Maybe I have been in a bit of a bad mood" Mark gave in.

"That was more than just a bad mood, wasn't it? I am not excusing your brothers, what they did was wrong and I will not tolerate it, but doesn't the fact that they even felt the need to take such drastic measures mean something to you? Not to mention the language and attitude I heard in the three minutes of that video" Taeyong pointed out. Mark had to agree with him as much as he hated to. 

"Let's get this over with then. And straight to bed afterwards. I know Renjun and Jeno are probably waiting to apologize so let's not make them wait much longer" Taeyong motioned for Mark to come over to him.

Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack Smack 

"Get ready for bed" Taeyong let Mark up and hugged him tightly. Mark buried his face in the man's shirt for a moment before pulling away and going to his, Renjun and Jeno's bathroom. When he walked into their room, he stopped before even getting to his bed. Renjun looked down from his bed above Jeno and the younger peeked out from the curtains that surrounded his bed. 

"We're sorry for the movie and for setting you up" Renjun led and Jeno followed, both of them bowing their heads in apology. 

"It's alright. You were just doing the best you could in the situation. I would have done the same to get one of you to stop being mean. Though I'd probably kick your ass before I resorted to trickery" Mark pointed out. Renjun and Jeno smiled at him, agreeing. Mark poked Renjun's leg as a form of acceptance to the apologies that he had received and he ruffled Jeno's hair before crawling under his covers and turning over so he was facing away from his younger brothers. Jeno got up to turn the light off and then disappeared in his little private box. Renjun turned on his flashlight so he could keep reading and also because he knew that at any moment, the maknaes would be coming in and he'd rather not be scared by little devil shadows creeping into the room unnoticed. 

Mark-11
Renjun-10
Jeno-9
Haechan-8
Jaemin-7
Chenle-6
Jisung-5