Truancy record

Chenle looked up at the sun, squinting his eyes. He hoped that Jisung showed up soon or he might have to go back inside and he didn't want to do that. Luckily, the younger came running over, taking a moment to catch his breath.

"You look like you just ran a marathon" Chenle teased, grinning. Jisung bumped arms with him, still breathing heavily but smiling. Chenle reached into his bag and handed Jisung his inhaler. A few years back, Jisung had been diagnosed with minor asthma. It wasn't bad and didn't really keep him from doing anything but if he overexerted himself, he would have trouble catching his breath. That included running. 

"Thanks" Jisung took it and tucked it into his pocket after catching his breath.

"Why were you running?" Chenle linked arms with his tall younger brother and started walking down the street. 

"I didn't want to get caught. There were teachers and students everywhere so I just started running" Jisung explained. Chenle nodded as they kept walking, leaving the school behind. He knew this was wrong and they were going to be in big trouble if they got caught so he just hoped they didn't get caught even though the chances of that were slim.

"I really don't think we should be doing this" Jisung mumbled after they had been walking for a few minutes.

"Don't tell me your having second thoughts now?" Chenle laughed a little. Jisung mumbled something and looked away.

"Whatever. Just go back if you want but don't go telling on me if you get caught or I'll tell hyung about that test you failed a few weeks ago" Chenle threatened. Jisung pushed him a little but then froze. Chenle didn't hear the reason why until a little bit later and he stopped walking.

"Damnit!" He pulled his bag closer over his shoulder, grabbed Jisung's hand and turned to wait. There was no point in trying to run, that would only make them look more suspicious. 

"If anyone asks, your seventeen and I'm eighteen and you had permission from me to be out of school" Chenle knew that wasn't going to work. Jisung was really panicked but he still laughed loudly.

"Hyung! Your like four feet tall, no one is going to believe your eighteen" Jisung pointed out. Chenle scowled at him, already knowing that. He hated being short. 

"What are you boys doing out here? Shouldn't you be in school?" The officer walked over to them. Chenle squeezed Jisung's hand, telling him to be quiet and let Chenle do the talking. 

"We got sent home. We were just on our way, sir" Chenle lied. It was wrong to lie to a police officer but he was desperate.

"Why don't you call someone to come get you? If not, I'll have to take you down to the station" The officer was quite young and he looked nervous. Chenle had a good idea this was the man's first day on the job. 

"We're okay. If you'll excuse us" Chenle squeezed Jisung's hand, walking as quickly as he dared without looking suspicious. The officer caught them and dragged them over to his car, pushing them into the back seat without a word. Chenle clenched his fists, now angry. This was not going the way he had wanted. Jisung was near to tears and Chenle didn't blame him. He wanted to cry too but he was too old for that. Still, he couldn't help the few tears that fell and he quickly wiped them away before Jisung could notice. The younger leaned against his older brother, crying softly to himself. Chenle wrapped his arms around Jisung's tall frame as they were driven to the station. At some point, Chenle was handed a phone and he called the first person he could think of.

"Who is this?" Taeyong was not expecting to get a call from a number he did not know. 

"Hyung..." Chenle bit back a sob. He was too old to cry, he reminded himself.