Stitches

Renjun dropped the kitchen knife, gritting his teeth to keep from crying out. Thinking quickly, he grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it, pressing it to the cut on his arm before going to find Mark. Taeyong and Lola were out on a date so Mark was in charge.

"Mark-hyung?" Renjun leaned against the door to his and Mark's room. The oldest looked up, seeing the towel and icepack. He knew something was wrong before he even looked. Renjun almost never called him hyung unless the younger was sick, hurt or in big trouble.

"What'd you do?" Mark wondered.

"I was trying to cook and I cut myself. It's really deep, hyung" Renjun explained. Mark was surprised his brother was being so calm. If any of the others had cut themselves, they'd be screaming and crying their eyes out.

"Come on. I'll walk you to the emergency room and we'll call dad there" Mark put an arm around his brother, quickly telling Jeno to keep the kids inside and then leaving with Renjun. It was only a short walk to the hospital and no one questioned why two kids were there by themselves. Before Taeyong even found out where they were, Renjun's arm been stitched up, wrapped and the boys were on their way home.

"Where were you? More importantly, what happened?!" Taeyong panicked when he saw Renjun's arm was wrapped up.

"I was trying to cook and cut myself. Mark walked me to the emergency room" Renjun explained shortly, going to sit down. He was tired now that his adrenaline was wearing out. His arm hurt really bad too from the stitches. 

"You just walked...by yourself? Why didn't you call me?" Taeyong wondered. 

"Because I knew it would be a while before you showed up and he was bleeding all over the place. I did what I thought was best at the moment" Mark shrugged, going into the kitchen to get a soda. Taeyong stopped him since it was too close to dinner for that. 

"You did good, Mark. I'm proud of you. I'm just surprised" Taeyong admitted. His boys were growing up so fast. Sometimes he forgot that they were technically to walk anywhere by themselves. Mark beamed at the praise and Taeyong went to check on Renjun, who was being interrogated by his brothers on what happened. 

"Are you okay?" Taeyong wondered.

"Besides being in massive pain and having seven stitches in my arm, yeah I'm fine. What about you?" Renjun ansered sarcastically. Taeyong laughed, pressed a kiss to his son's head. If Renjun was making jokes then he was really feeling fine.

"You boys leave him alone, it's been a long day" Taeyong shooed the others off and they went to their rooms to play. 

Mark-15
Renjun-14
Jeno-13
Haechan-12
Jaemin-11
Chenle-10
Jisung-9