Drunk

You hadn't meant to get drunk at Zoe's Halloween party. In fact, you didn't plan on drinking at all.

It was all Lucy's fault, really. She kept handing you glasses of champagne and wine, "Come on, Y/N. Have a glass with me. We're not driving. Let's just have fun," she kept saying, feeding you alcohol.

Of course, she was fine. She had had half as many as you and a higher alcohol tolerance. So here you were at the party, surrounded by your friends and peers, completely and utterly shitfaced.

"Drunkest girl at the party." you had said to Louise, sipping at another glass of champagne, "That's me. I'm the drunkest girl at the party. But that's OK because Lucy told me to."

Louise laughed, touching your arm gently, "Come on there, Y/N. Why don't we go find Joseph. He can take over holding you up for a bit." she said, "Now stand up." she helped you to your feet from your chair, and you wobbled a bit before standing upright and holding onto Louise's shoulder.

"Lead the way!" You said happily, bouncing on the balls of your feet. "Let's find Joe. Yeah. Where did he get off to anyway?" Louise was giggling at you, shaking her head as she lead you through the crowd.

Joe had disappeared halfway through your third glass of champagne. Off with Dom and Jim somewhere, talking business and numbers and subscribers and tours. You had sat down with Lily and Maddie and Louise, and you just kept drinking.

When you found Joe, he was near the DJ booth, speaking with Caspar about who had keys to the apartment and if they would be taking a car together, because the party was starting to wind down and it was coming time for everyone to leave.

"Joe!" you left Louise's side, wobbling toward Joe with your arms wide open. He caught you, looking a bit stunned, but not put off as he wrapped his arm around your waist to steady you. "Oh my, you missed quite a bit! Lucy gave me a lot of drinks. And I drank them."

Joe laughed, "Remind me to thank Lucy for that, yeah?" he said, then looked to Louise, "And you just let this happen?" he asked.

Louise was backing away with her hands up, "Hey. I didn't do anything." she said, giggling a bit, "But I have to get home. I have a baby to tend to... And so do you apparently." she ducked out of reach of Joe's playful swing and she was gone.

"Alright, love. Let's get you in a car home." he said, rubbing circles into your hip with the pad of his thumb.

You were pressing yourself into his side, your face pressed into his neck as you inhaled his scent, "I'm tired Joe. Want to cuddle and sleep." your voice was barely above a mumble, close to his ear. "I drank a lot. Too much I think."

Joe chuckled, resting his cheek against your forehead. "We'll get you in bed soon, don't you worry." he said. "Let's get outside in the fresh air, grab a cab back to the apartment." He moved you so you were standing up straight and you groaned, grasping at his shirt to try and pull him close to you once again. Joe took your hands, pressing them to your sides, "Wait until we get in the car, love."

And when you finally did get in the car, the alcohol in your system had worn off a bit, but not enough that you didn't kick off your heels the second you got in the car and spread your legs over Joe's lap, mumbling, "Love you. Sorry I got drunk. I told you I wouldn't but Lucy kept giving me drinks and..."

"Is alright, really. You're cute when you're drunk." Joe responded easily, rubbing circles into your calves with warm, soothing fingers. "I like taking care of you..."

You let your eyes fall closed, head resting against the cool window as Joe continued to rub your legs with his hands, warming them up from where the cold air had hit them. "Love you." you mumbled, your voice barely above a whisper. You had about half an hour drive back to the apartment, just enough time to get a solid nap in.

"Love you more." Joe responded, his voice quiet as he watched you drifting off to sleep.