Like Brothers

Joe gets riled up at Caspar's banter with Y/n.

Another week, another meal out with the boys. Oli had made it a tradition for you all to go out to eat at least once a week - it usually ended up being Nando's.
"You don't usually go that hot, do you, Y/n?" Jack looks over at you and your spicy chicken decision. Just as you're about to reply, Caspar's head pops up.
"Spicy girls have spicy tastes" he laughs, throwing his head back semi - sarcastically.
"Hey" you point a chip at him then shove it into your mouth. Joe's eyes dart from Caspar to you quickly, taking in every movement and every glimpse you shared of each other.
Sure, Caspar was funny and hella cute, but he was more of a brother to you. All of the boys were, some younger and some older; some annoying and some protective. Joe was part of the latter.
"Is he bothering you with that kinda talk?" Joe's low voice sounds next to you once you close yourself into the back seat of the car.
"It's just a joke, it's fine" you smile and watch Jack swing his steering wheel around to get the car out of its parking spot.
"I know but.." he rubs his chin. "It can get a little too much sometimes"
"Joe, it's okay, don't worry so much" you watch the concentration on his face wear off.
For the rest of the journey, words were exchanged on the waitress' looks at certain people at the table - Joe 100% certain that she was into him.

"Oh so you're allowed a date with a girl but I'm not allowed to have banter with one of my best mates?" You sigh and exit the car. You'd think that living with someone would let you understand them more, but Joe's just as much of a mystery to you as he was the day you met him.
"No, I'm just saying you could do better"
"Oh I know that, trust me" you grit your teeth and make your way to your apartment, waving goodbye to Jack.
"Dont care when Oli does it, dont care when Jack does it, only when Caspar does it" You feel yourself mumbling in hopes that Joe would hear. He definitely heard.

"You know why I worry so much about Caspar flirting with you?" He bursts as he closes the apartment door behind you both.
You nod and turn to him.
"Because I'm so fucking sure that he's higher up on your priorities than me" he breathes, throwing his keys on the counter and trudging to the sofa. "Because I KNOW he's better than me. He's funnier. He's better looking. For fuck sake Y/n, he's richer than me" he rubs his forehead. "When he's still an asshole and all I want is for you to be happy" his eyes shine with both truth and despair.
"Joe, it's nothing like that" you lower yourself onto the sofa next to him.
"Have I got to be that blatant? Have I got to call out my feelings for you over the fucking table for you to realise that I'm so fucking in love with you?" He's almost shouting. Your mind draws a blank and you're frozen; you're frozen, staring into his icy blue eyes. "You call me a brother, you call me a protector.. yet you play along with those assholes' cat calling" he looks so lost. "Jealous? Yes. Because the girl that I'm in love with is giving more attention to a prick than the guy that's been in love with her for 3 years" he chokes, his eyes shooting down at the floor.

Silence that lasts for a few seconds seems to last for hours.

"I'm not having Caspar take the one thing that gives me a reason to wake up every day from me" his eyes start brimming with tears.
Before you can think, something in your body drives your lips onto his, the kiss lingering softly.
"I would never choose him over you" you almost whisper.

BY: themeganrhiann on tumblr