Engagement

"Come on Hazel let's go get your daddy awake" You smile in awe at your daughter who was now two years old you lift her from the floor.
You bounce her on your hip and head upstairs to where your boyfriend of 5 years, Joe, was still asleep.
He had a strong habit of doing this. Of course, the late nights and late mornings of anyone in the Youtube community. There had been many occasions when you would go into his study of your family house and see him reclined in his chair with Hazel on his chest and both of them in a deep slumber even when his editing software was still open and incomplete. His daughter and you came first.
You walk into your shared room and see how peaceful he always looks when he sleeps. His hair a mess from how much he had tossed and turned in the night and his lips slightly parted to allow him to breath lightly. His arms stretched out to your side of the bed as though hoping to find your frame still there but failing in their mission and soon enough your daughter was scrambling to reach him and give him a big hug.
She jumps on him and hits his chest in an attempt to stop his semi conscious state and he quickly wakes though takes some time to open his eyes, adjusting to the sudden light.
"Hello beautiful!" He chuckles and plants a kiss on her head before tickling her sides as always.
"Mummy!!!" Hazel squeals and tries to wriggle away from her Dad.
"Come on Hazel you're stronger than that!" You laugh and she tries to hit at Joe in an attempt to stop him.
"Alright alright" He grins and stops tickling her, "I haven't even said hello to your mummy"
She jumps off him and sits beside him in the large bed, big eyes watching you.
"Morning gorgeous" He smiles and you walk over to give him a kiss.
"Morning" You reply, "You two gonna be okay if I head out? I've gotta drop some stuff off at the office and grab some bits from the shop"
"Im sure we'll survive. Just make sure the office doesn't annoy you too much" He chuckles, "Drive safe. I'll see you soon"
You kiss him once again and head out of the room to get yourself ready to leave. 

~~~Joe's POV~~~
"Right little one" I turn to Hazel and lift her back so she is sitting on me, "I need your help today"
She frowns, puzzled as she tries to think what I would need help with.
"You remember me buying that ring for Mummy when we went out?" I ask her and she nods quickly, "Well I think I should give it to Mummy today"
She cheers and claps her hands, "Yayy"
"But we need to make it perfect" I nod.
"Perfect" Hazel repeats in her baby voice that seems to melt my heart.
"Hazel and Daddy's mission!" I exclaim and she cheers again.
As quickly as possible, I change into some normal clothes and get everything of Hazel's so we are able to leave.
Her little legs run closely behind me wherever I go and she tries to help as much as she can.
"Right let's do this" I grin and pick her up to put her on my hip.
If we were walking far I would take her buggy but I knew full well that the guys would want to fuss her as much as they could so it would be useless anyway.
She sits in her usual seat in the car and bounces excitedly, her little head watching everything that went by the window.
We reach Caspar's house and all of the guys are already there.
I pull up outside and get Hazel from the back seat before walking to the door I still had the key to.
"He's here!" I hear Josh yell and soon enough I have six men all charging at me from different directions of the house until they reach me and their 'niece'
"Say hello to tour uncles Hazel" I chuckle and set her down on the floor though she is quickly lifted back up by Caspar.
"First to your favourite uncle" He grins and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
"Guys we're not starting this debate again" I cut in before they can begin discussing who was the best uncle to Hazel, "We've got a lot to do"
I explain the plan to all of them, ensuring they each had specific jobs and were aware of what exactly they had to do. Especially down to every single detail.
And soon we are off again, taking my car back and forth to avoid (y/n) getting suspicious when seeing all of their cars parked outside our house.
The journeys begin. My nerves rise and my fear begins to set in. Constantly praying that everything would go just as I had hoped it would for so many months now. My horrific lack of nerve racked sleep all came down to today. 

~~~Your POV~~~
You got home and were thankful of the comforting sight of your large family home. And you couldn't wait to spend the rest of your afternoon and evening with the two people that mattered most to you. Those had become the most perfect days for you. Watching the most ridiculous children's TV shows with Joe never failing to quietly make fun of the crazy storylines that they included. Or when you would play with the many many toys your daughter had collected from the friends and family that completely adored her, with you reminding Joe of how he had to hold the doll correctly or watching as he became a horse for his now princess daughter to ride.
You were completely lost in your own thoughts until your keys opened the door and you noticed it was particularly quiet. There was no screaming from Hazel as her dad chased her too much or no laughter. Something was different.
"Joe?" You call and take off your jacket.
You are met by Oli who smiles and hands you a napkin from Nandos. And scribbled upon it reads, 'From our first meeting'
The frown on your face doesnt stop him from leading you through to the next 'station' were Josh steps out to hand you the next item. This time it is a strip of picnic blanket with a label reading 'from our first date'
You smile, obviously knowing the handwriting as Joes and beginning to recognise each item and allowing them to take you back to that moment.
Before you know it, Michael stands in front of you to hand you a rose petal and the words 'First kiss' and Jack winking at you when the feather he holds, obviously coming from a pillow, reads 'our first time'
You blush slightly and continue through, carrying all the items cautiously until reaching Conor who hands you a can of whipped cream that says 'our first video' and of automatically makes you laugh to remember the video.
And eventually Caspar comes out with a tiny pot of sand reading 'our first holiday'
Just when you think this is over with no real purpose, Hazel steps in front of you and holds up a picture of your first scan of her.
She grins and says, "From when you knew..." She pauses as she forgets the line she had been rehearsing for the past hour, "Me!"
You chuckle and bend down to give her a kiss. "Thank you beautiful" You smile and she runs off to where Oli is waiting with open arms.
And then comes out Joe and his proud smile is far too infectious.
"Romantic ay?" He smirks and you notice his hands are behind his back.
"I'm surprised Sugg. This is more than I thought you were capable of" You joke.
He shrugs, "I had some help"
and you turn to see all of the boys and Hazel crowded behind you.
Whilst you are looking away, Joe lowers to one knee and holds out his secret.
On top for a small black velvet box lays a note. It reads 'for the day of our engagement?'
All of this falls into place. He had focused on every single detail to get to this and you could see the combination of hope and nerves taking over his eyes.
His brows raise as he manages to say, "Will you marry me (y/n) (y/l/n)?"
You can already feel tears building in your eyes and only manage to nod in reply. He quickly rises from his place and wraps his strong arms around you. The boys cheered behind you and the items fell into a puddle at your feet as you returned is affectionate gesture. Your little family seemed to feel complete now. You, your to-be-husband and your six 'brothers in law'.
"I love you babygirl" Joe mumbles and presses his lips to yours. Everything just felt perfect.  

BY: imaginejsugg on tumblr