Surprise?

'Simon, help! I don't know what to do!' I whispered frantically into my phone. I was at home,  on the phone with my best friend Simon Minter. I was pacing around in Joe's bathroom, my palms sweating. Why?

I had just taken a pregnancy test.

And it was positive.

'Babe? Are you alright?' I heard my boyfriend of four years call out from the hallway. We were supposed to be filming a video together for his channel, but I told him I had to go to the bathroom first.

'I have to go,' I whispered down the phone and hung up on Simon before he had the time to reply. Recently, Si and I had become really good friends. I told him about my worries, and my plans for Joe and I's future. I even told him about when Joe and I had sex without protection, and when I missed my period, and he was the one who offered to go out and buy some pregnancy tests.

Joe knew about none of this.

'Yeah, I'm okay,' I called back out to Joe and unlocked the bathroom door and opened it, shoving my phone in my back pocket.

'Who called you?' Joe stood in front of the door, looking confused. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to say something.

But it was difficult for me to tell him it was just Simon. Because I've been telling Simon about everything that's happened, Joe got more and more jealous. Sometimes he even got angry, and told Simon that he thought he was steeling me away from him. There'd be nights where I'd try to reassure him I was all his, and he'd just cry into my neck and pull me closer to him, falling asleep with tear-stained cheeks.

I didn't think I'd ever seen him that upset before in my life, it hurt like a bitch.

'It was Simon again, wasn't it?' He asked, and I could see his jaw tensing. You can't tell him about it now, not when he's this mad.

'Sorry,' Was all I could say. My voice was barely audible.

'Are you kidding, Y-N? What's going on between you two, huh? You like him more than me?' He asked, his voice loud and laced with anger. My heart was beating out of control, and I felt like I was gonna faint.

'No, of course not!' I said, slightly louder this time.

'Then what is it? What is it between you two that I can't know about?' He balled his fists and I wish I hadn't thought about him hitting me.

I flinched.

'Why'd you flinch?' He continued shouting. 'You think I'm going to hit you?'

This was so unlike Joe. I hated seeing him like this. And it was all my fault.

But I did think he was going to hit me.

'Woah, what's going on up there?' We heard someone open the front door to the house, and I felt like I could finally breathe again when Simon came jogging up the stairs.

'What the fuck are you doing with my girlfriend, Simon?' Joe asked sternly. His eyes were a dark blue shade.

'I'm helping her,' Simon narrowed his eyes.

'Helping her with what? Getting away from me so that you can have her all to yourself?' Joe shouted and towered over him. I couldn't help but let the tears stream down my face.

'No! You're one of my best friend! Why would I do that?' Simon shouted back.

'Because you're both treating me like an asshole!' Joe took one step closer to him, and I felt like I stopped breathing again.

'Why don't you just tell him, Y-N?' Simon suddenly looked at me with sorry eyes.

I raised my eyebrows at him and quickly wiped the tears away with the sleeve of my jumper.

'Tell me what?' Joe frowned at me.

'I-I'm pregnant,' I sputtered, and then quickly hid my face in my hands. This was a mess.

'That's what I was helping her with.' Simon said, slightly quieter this time. Joe didn't respond.

I felt two big, warm hands wrap around my wrists and pull my hands away from my face. I looked up to see Joe's suddenly lighter blue eyes staring right back into mine.

'You're pregnant?' He whispered. It almost seemed like his eyes were full of hope.

I nodded at him, sniffing my nose. Simon stood a meter away in complete silence.

'You're pregnant?' He said, louder this time, completely shocked. I smiled and giggled at him, and nodded again.

'Are you kidding?' He said and swooped his arms around my waist, picking me up and twirling me around in the air.

'No, I'm serious,' I laughed down at him.

'You're pregnant,' He said again, just to be sure. 'Oh my God,' He whispered and set me back down carefully.

'You're going to be a father,' I smiled up at him.

'Stop, you're going to make me cry,' His perfect voice quivered slightly, but to cover it up, he quickly pulled me into a hug and buried his face in my neck, sobbing quietly. I could feel his tears on my collarbone and ran my fingers through his hair soothingly.

He let go and turned back around to look at Simon with a sorry expression.

'Congratulations,' the corners of Simon's mouth turned up into a smile.

'Thanks, mate.' Joe laughed and sniffed his nose, leaning in for a hug from Simon.

BY: fluffy-minter on tumblr