Babysitter Pt. 1

"Hey Y/N," Joe said, as I came in through the door, "how was your day?" I put my bag on the counter and gave him a hug. "Tiring," I answered, and he kissed my head softly, "I am so happy I can finally stop going to that store. It's so annoying at times" -I had come back from a long day at work: I was relieved to be having three days off- "I'm so happy we can finally spend full days with each other, rather than just the nights."

As I was saying that, Joe's phone rang, and he went to answer it. He covered the speaker of the phone and said 'sorry' to me.

...That was the plan anyway- to have a few days to ourselves- until Zoe phoned us in the night asking if we could look after Avery, her two year old daughter. We found out that Alfie had to immediately visit his family relatives far from Brighton, and he didn't think Avery would enjoy it up there.

So what was meant to be a fun day with just Joe and I, it became a sudden change into the two of us and a child...

Joe's POV

Y/N was finally getting a few days off work this week. I thought it was finally the great opportunity to ask her more about our relationship (I intended on taking her out to a restaurant and asking her if she would be okay if we announced our relationship to our friends, as it had been a few months now), and when I thought we could finally have some time for ourselves, it turns out we couldn't.

Alfie had to go and visit his family up in the North of the UK, and he didn't think it would be very good if Avery went with them.

"Can't you take her with you?" I asked Zoe on the phone, "why can't you?"

"I just don't think it's very suitable for her," Zoe explained, "she's going to be very bored, and we won't have much time for her. Please Joe, you're her uncle. Can you please look after her for two days?" I looked over at Y/N, feeling as if I was betraying her. Instead, she nodded her head and smiled at me.

I finished the conversation with Zoe and walked up to Y/N. "I'll make it up to you," I replied, "I will."

"You don't need to Joe," she answered, "it's okay: I understand."

We looked at each other, and then an amazing idea came into my head...

"Bye guys! See you in a few days!" I waved goodbye to Zoe and Alfie, holding Avery's hand, "wave bye-bye to mummy and daddy Avery!" Avery quickly waved her parents goodbye, and as soon as the car disappeared, Avery ran away from me and into the living room. "Hey come back you little nugget!" I shouted after her, running behind her, "I'm gonna catch you!"

She squealed with happiness once I caught her, and I refused to let go. "I have stolen the princess of the castle, and I am not letting go!" I called, and she laughed until Nala started jumping at the two of us, and Avery started to get scared.

"Don't worry my fair lady," I called, putting Avery on my shoulders, "your highness is safe with me, and the evil dragon Alan will not hurt you!" I ran with her on my back some more, as Nala ran after us, when suddenly the door bell rang 'unexpectedly'.

I put Avery down on the floor, and put my finger on my lips. "You must be very quiet," I whispered to her, "now, go and stay in the living room, okay?" Avery nodded her head, and obediently followed my command.

Y/N's POV

I stood outside the Zalfie house, half of me feeling excited whilst the other half felt betrayal. I loved Zoe and Alfie, and I hated lying to them, but Joe said they wouldn't have a problem with me staying here... It was more of the fact that we were staying here together and having to tell Zoe I wasn't here: I didn't want her to lie, but I did want to spend time with Joe! Ugh.

I rang the door bell, and looked through the window. Joe was running with Avery on his shoulders, and as soon as Joe heard the door bell he put her on the floor.

Looking at my reflection, I straightened out my coat and looked at the door, just as I heard the keys turn.

"Y/N!" Joe called loudly, pretending not to know that I was arriving here, "what brings you here?"

"I need to stay somewhere for two days," I answered back loudly, "is it okay if I stay here?"

Joe 'welcomed' me in, as if he was the owner of the house. "Allow me," he said, as he took my coat and put it on the peg. Then, he turned around and tried to kiss me. "Joe this wasn't the plan," I whispered, scared Avery could see us.

"Don't worry," Joe replied quietly, "she can't see us." I gave him a quick kiss, and he looked in my eyes. "I want more," he pouted, and I put a finger on his lips. "You'll have to wait," I replied.

As Joe moved out of the way, Avery stood in the door frame. "Avery!" I called to the little girl, who I had seen only a few times before, "hi sweet heart!" Avery looked at Joe, her eyes bewildered and terrified.

"Don't worry Avery," Joe comforted her, kneeling beside her, "Y/N is a friend of your parents and me. Remember, we all bought ice cream together in the summer, yeah?" Avery looked at me, and smiled at me; she ran up to me, and hugged my legs.

"Oh great," I whispered, holding onto my hanging coat for balance. Joe laughed and then took Avery into his hands. "Come on little monster," he laughed, as he swung Avery in the air, "so what are we doing first? Should we play with your dollies, or would you like to watch a film?"

"Frozen!" she called, and immediately I laughed, seeing how joyful Joe looked.

"Frozen?!" he asked, suddenly stopping in a freeze frame, and Avery squealed to be let free, "Frozen? You want to watch Frozen?" He ran with her on his back into the living room, and put her on the sofa.

As I watched Joe play with Avery on the sofa, one thought immediately came into my head.

Joe would make a great father.

BY: joesuggimagine on tumblr