Trust

Y/n sure that Joe's been sneaking around with other women on his travels.

You've spent the entire morning cleaning your apartment, awaiting the arrival of your long term boyfriend, Joe. You haven't seen much of him in the past couple of months due to his movie tour. You flick through your messages, confirming to yourself that he would be there at 1pm - you sigh when you see how little he's replied to you recently.
"He's just been busy I guess" you mumble to yourself before you pull yourself up off the sofa and into the kitchen. You feel anxiety growing in the pit of your stomach, your mind flashing back to the many pictures Joe has posted of the amount of fun he's had away from you.

"What if he's found someone better out there"
"Y/n, he hasn't. He loves you, you know this" Oli's voice echoes in your head. "He wouldn't do that to you"
"Then he'd at least text back once every week" you feel like you could deflate.

Out of the many conversations you've had with the boys over the past few months, that one stayed with you the most. You had spent the majority of your time there to keep you from your empty, almost lifeless apartment. You took Joe's room, which didn't make it any easier in hindsight. Admittedly, Jack and Oli kept you busy with the orders, but even subconsciously, you felt a missing part.

Tapping your fingers against the counter next to the boiling kettle, you force the anxiety out of your body with a few deep breaths and check the time. 1:27pm. Again, he's late. You shake your head and pour yourself coffee, hesitating over the second mug.
"No point" you mumble and put the other mug back in the cupboard.

Your heart thuds in your chest when you hear the door open, heavy footsteps and Joe's distinct voice cursing.
"Y/n?" He calls out, throwing his two large carry ons to the wooden floor. You shuffle out of the kitchen with a smile and let him envelope you in a hug. Goosebumps spread across your whole body when his smell engulfs you.
"I missed you so much" your voice is muffled against his shoulder.
"I've missed you more" his hands grip you tightly for a second.
"On a scale of one to ten how much fun was it?" You smile up at him once he lets go of you.
"Mate" he shakes his head and laughs. "It was insane" he says, throwing his jacket to the sofa.
"I saw all of your posts" you grin, heading to the kitchen to retrieve your coffee. You hear him sigh and kick his shoes off.
"I know what you're thinking, y/n" he says, leaning on the door frame. "I haven't done a single thing wrong out there, I didn't kiss any of those girls, I didn't fuck any of them"
"What do you expect me to think, Joseph?" You hear yourself snap. "You don't reply for weeks on end, not even a simple 'I miss you' text. Not a single phone call" your voice breaks.
"You don't understand how busy I was, babe" he sighs, slowly shortening the distance between you.
"Yeah" you laugh. "Forgot how much space and time I take up, sorry" you shake your head and walk past him and into the bedroom, slamming your mug down.
"Y/n, please" you hear him following you.
"Just tell me why they were all girls huh? Why didn't you post any pictures of you with guys? WHY THE FUCK WAS THERE A GIRL IN YOUR HOTEL ROOM?" You scream, feeling tears well up in your eyes as he appears behind you.
"I. Didn't. Do. Anything" he says calmly, taking in your manner. "I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise us.. I wouldn't fuck this up" he practically pleads. Before he can say another word, he's wrapped around you, your head on his chest as you sob.

"You need to learn how to trust me" Joe says, passing you a bag of sweets. "We've been together for 3 years, y/n"
"I know" you grab a handful from the bag and swinging your legs over his. "I'm sorry"
"No, I'm sorry" he looks at you. "I really should have made time to at least call you every few days"
"Duty calls" you laugh, snuggling into his shoulder.
"I love you so much" he says as you feel his arm wrap around you.
"And I love you"

BY: themeganrhiann on tumblr