I need you

When Joe answered the phone, he sounded slightly preoccupied. You could hear shouting and gunshots in the background.

"Sorry, did I interrupt you playing with the boys?" you asked quietly, blinking back tears as they began to pool in your eyes. You brushed your hands under your cheeks, attempting to catch any stray tears.

"It's fine, I can multitask." Joe responded, "Oh fuck, god damnit Oli at least try and back me up!" you heard Oli's muffled protests on the other line, "Sorry, love. Oli's shit at Zombies. What's going on?"

You held the phone away from your mouth as you sniffled, then put it back to your face, "Yeah, just wondering how your day was. But like I said, I can let you go if you're busy." you said quickly, not trusting your voice not to crack.

There was silence on the other end for a moment, and you could hear gun shots and Oli yelling. Joe was grunting, and in any other mood you probably would have laughed at the level of concentration he was exhibiting. Finally, Joe spoke, "My day was fine. Filmed a bit. Edited a bit. There's a new vlog uploading right now from that day we had in the - Fucking shit! God damnit Oli you've left me alone and they're all chasing me now!"

You let out a sigh, "Joe...." your voice cracked, and you heard the firing cease on the other end, and Oli's protests.

"Y/N what's wrong?" You heard Oli's protests get further away as Joe started down the stairs. "What's going on?"

"Joe... I need you." you said quietly, placing your hand on your forehead. You squeezed your eyes shut, letting out a sigh.

The door closed behind Joe as he entered his room, "Tell me all about it. I'm here now." he said, you heard his bed creak beneath his weight, "I'm all ears."

BY: writerofthings on tumblr