My Girl

Curse words fall from my lips quietly, but not at all calmly. I stalk the path to Joe's place I know so well and it doesn't take me long. Despite the freezing air surrounding me, hot angry bubbles and churns inside me like an inactive volcano. Forcefully, my hand shoves into my pocket fishing for my keys to his door. Forcefully, I stick the key into the lock. Forcefully, I open the door. The sight that greets my eyes causes the inactive volcano to suddenly erupt.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS JOE?" My voice thunders through the house. Six heads immediately rotate to face me in the doorway, cold and wet and angry. Caspar drops his jaw to speak but is cut off.

"Here." Joe's words travel across the room. "Hey love, what's the matter?" His tone is so calm. I glare at him, furious.

"What's the matter?" I repeat the question as though the answer is obvious. Joe's face becomes one of confusion at my choice of tone. "Do you not remember what tonight, today, was? Do you not remember that you were supposed to meet me at the restaurant 1 hour ago?" I take a step further into the room not breaking my icy glare; a short silence follows. "No, of course you didn't. Instead you chose to have all your friends over and forgot all about your girlfriend. Well actually your 1 year exactly girlfriend." I spit. Suddenly, terror panics Joe's eyes causing them to stare at me, his eyebrows to tilt, his bottom lip to fall and his hands grip his hair.

"Oh my fucking god! Shit!" Is all Joe exclaims. He races over to me, the other boys all watch. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." His voice reflects actual apologies, but my brain rejects the idea.

"What. no." I take a step back from him. "I can't believe you forgot about me again. You said it would never happen again. I thought I meant something to you, Joe. Tonight was supposed to be so much fun and I wanted to actually be able to keep a boyfriend for longer than a year. But no, you just left me sat by myself waiting, without even calling or texting. Nothing. And now look what you have done!" I say throwing my hands in the air. Joe attempts to reach for one. Quickly I pull it behind me. "You've gone and got yourself dumped on your one year anniversary." My heels turn me away rapidly. The door slams behind me as I wrap my coat back around me. Joe... ugh!

(Joe's POV)

My mouth drops as I see the door slam behind her. I feel heat behind my eyes, but determined not to cry in front of the boys I turn to them. Caspar has his teeth sunk into his bottom lip. Conor's eyes are full of sympathy. Jack avoids my eyes as I glance around the group. Josh bites his finger nails pretending not to notice anything. Mikey mutters small apologies. Oli wets his lips before standing.

"Mate what are you still doing here?" He questions. Me and all the other boys stare confused at him. "Come on, stop looking at all of us and go, chase after her. I know you want to. We all know that you love her. Go, go!" Oli looks around the rest of the lads. Their faces immediately fill with spirit.

"Yeah/ come on/ go get her/ win her back!" They scream at me as I shut the door behind me, now determined to get back my girl.

(Your POV)

The cold bites my burning cheeks. Lava flows out my eyes in the form of tears. The street lights around me glow as I walk past them. My anger level is bright like a flame. Finally I get out to the main road, however what I see turns my lava tears into tears of sadness. A couple in front of me kiss each other, holding hands. My heart throbs. Joe why did you have to forget? Why did you have to make me angry? Because I don't want to hate you, I want to love you. I want you to know that I still love you. I pull my scarf tighter around my neck.

"Y/N! Y/N!" I hear a voice yell my name. I turn and see a cold man running towards me. Joe. My tears begin flowing more and more frequently the closer he gets. I want to turn away and carry on walking. But I also want to forgive and kiss him. My mind takes over my body before my heart can speak. I swivel around on my heels and walk away, pushing through the crowds.

"No! Y/N!" Joe yells again this time nearer. A hand wraps around my arm and spins me around. Joe stands in front of me now. I look into his eyes. They are glassy, just as I would imagine mine to be.

"Y/N please don't go. Don't carry on walking. Let me just apologise for tonight." I am too cold to protest against him, so he continues. "Baby look I'm so sorry. I know I'm a complete dickhead for forgetting that today was our one year anniversary. And I completely understand if you want to leave. But please, I beg you don't because I need you. Like I need you. I have lived for 25 years and the one I have spent with you as my girlfriend outweighs the rest of the 24 by so much. I need you in my life and I love you so, so much, please don't walk away now." He takes a loud gulp. "I know I have promised before and now I have broken that promise, but please forgive me and let me try again?" Joe looks down into my eyes, I notice the layer of water over them, thick and pronounced. He takes my hand. "Please don't leave me." I try to swallow the lump in my throat to speak but what do I say? My head is telling me no, but my heart is telling me yes. 'Don't he will just do it again!' 'Stop it, you love and need him' I look up into his hopeful eyes. My sight notices something behind him. I glance over his shoulder, a smile appears on my face as I see six boys holding signs.

"He loves you" Jack's one says. "Please forgive him" Josh's says. Mikey's reads "Joe needs you." "Buttercreams plus Y/N all the way!" Conor's says. Caspar's sign has mine and Joe's ship name on, and Oli has the cutest picture of me and Joe.

"What is this Joe?" I ask. Joe turns to look where my eyes are directed. He chuckles slightly at the sight.

"Sorry, I didn't tell them to do that." Joe explains. I laugh slightly as well. Then turn my attention back to the blue eyes I am still falling for.

"Ok." I say.

"Ok what?" Joe asks me. I roll my eyes and giggle, almost.

"Ok, I wont leave." A smile graces his lips as my words tumble out.

"Really?" He asks. I nod my head slowly, but surely.

"Yeah just don't forget about me again, please it does hurt a lot." I tell him. Linking our fingers together he smiles down.

"Yeah I am sorry, but will you be my girlfriend again?" Linking our other hands together, I nod. Slowly I lean in to kiss him. Joe reacts quickly copying my action. His warm lips burn my freezing ones, and they tingle once we part.

Suddenly, a mob of young lads pile over. They surround me and Joe, cheering and hugging us all.

"Did you like our signs Y/N?" Caspar asks me.

"Oh yeah they were great." I reply with a slightly sarcastic smile. We all begin to walk back to Joe's.

"Whose heart drawing did you like better, mine or Caspar's?" Jack dips into the convocation.

"Mine obviously." Caspar says, flicking his hand around. Jack glares at him, narrowing his eyes. I laugh at their petty, childishness. All the lava that was inside of me has now evaporated.

"Well actually, sorry to rock the boat, but I like Joe's heart over all of yours." I tell them. Joe's arm slides around my waist, resting comfortably on my hip.

"Ayyy. That's my girl." Joe laughs, loving that I mugged them all off. My heart warms within his grip, he's my boy and I'm his girl. 

BY: ytgeeksdmn on tumblr