Beach

You're at the beach with a group of friends from school on a sunny day. Joe was supposed to be meeting you guys, but he was yet to make an appearance. The rest of your friends tried to convince you into joining them in the water for a swim, but you decided to stay and wait for Joe on the sand. The beach was overcrowded, and trying to search for Joe was nearly impossible. You stood up to get a better view when a vaguely familiar voice called your name. "y/n!"

Whirling around, you quickly discovered that the source of the voice was your childhood friend, Nick, who had moved away from the area years ago. "Nick, is that you? How have you been?"

He sauntered over, and you noticed that he now had an arrogant smirk plastered on his face.

"I've been good I guess—Long time no see, right? Wow its been years since I saw you last- you look so different that I barely recognized you." He gave you a not-so-subtle once over. "In a good way I mean," he winked.

"Uh, thanks," you coughed out uncomfortably. Who does this guy think he is? He has become such a jerk, you thought, even if he is slightly attractive—Okay, really attractive. His eyes were roaming way too far down for your liking, and you felt exposed in your bikini-clad body.

"Are you here alone y/n? Wanna take a dip in the ocean with me?" his eyes were still glued to your chest and you felt disgusted by his rudeness.

You opened your mouth to answer no, but a deep voice from behind beat you to it.

"No, she's here with me—right babe?" It was Joe, and your stomach started doing somersaults even though you knew he was pretending. Rendered speechless by his voice, you nodded frantically and felt your feet being swept up from the ground at the same time that a muscular arm snaked its way around your waist. Joe cradled you up against his chest and you squealed in a mixture of pleasure and surprise. Joe looked down at you worriedly before glaring at the deflated looking Nick. "And by the way d**khead, if I ever catch your pathetic eyes wandering anywhere they shouldn't on my girlfriend again, I will not hesitate to blind you." he said in the harshest tone you'd ever heard him use, making Nick run away- proving how weak he really was.

"Are you okay, y/n?" Joe asked sounded concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you peeked up at him from where you rested against his sculpted chest.

He had a mischievous glint in his eyes, and his lips were hinting at a grin. This couldn't be good. Suddenly, you were tossed over Joe's shoulder as if you weighed nothing, and he began sprinting towards the water. You screamed as he ran, and your head was jostling around on his back. You weren't going to complain about the view you had though- Joe definitely worked out often. Pretty soon, Joe began splashing through the shallow water- eventually having to paddle when it grew deeper. He patted your leg, "how's it going back there?"

"Put me down please Joe." you whined, flinching when the icy water splashed your face.

"What was that? Put you down?" he sounded amused.

"Ye—No! Don't put me down Joe! Please don't let go of me," you pleaded as it dawned on you that putting you down would mean being dropped into the freezing water.

He chuckled, "alright y/n, I won't let you go".

That's when he dived completely under the water, pulling you in with him. When you both resurfaced, you splashed him in the face. "Oh my god, you are such a jerk!" you were only feigning being annoyed.

"You love me though," he grinned cheekily, putting his arms around your waist and pulling you close. His face turned serious, "y/n, who was that guy before?"

"Just an old friend of the family. I haven't seen him in years, so I didn't know what a loser he has become," you explained. "Thanks for pretending to be my boyfriend, by the way."

He nodded, believing you. "y/n, if any guy ever makes you uncomfortable again, I want you to call me and I will be there to set them straight. Always. Okay?"

"Like my over-protective big brother?" you giggled.

He groaned. "No, not like that." His cheeks seemed to flush. "Look, y/n, I don't really know how to say this, but... I like you, like really like you. And seeing other guys constantly looking at you and trying to get your attention kind of makes me jealous." Something inside of you was fluttering. "What I'm trying to say is, uh, will you be mine y/n?"

"Of course Joe! I like you too you dork," you smiled- splashing him lightly.

"Well in that case—" His rough lips captured yours and he kissed you passionately. Instinctively you wrapped your arms around his neck, smiling into the kiss when he tightened his group on you and you realized how jealous Joe really would have been earlier.

When you both parted for air, you heard cheering nearby and realized your friends had been watching you two the entire time. You turned back to Joe. "My girlfriend," he breathed out happily, "I could get used to this."

BY:  crush-boyfriend-imagines on tumblr