Love To Hate You

"Hey, Y/N are you almost done?" Oli knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yeah one sec," you called back to him.

You were getting ready to go for a night out with the boys and some other friends, having not been out for a considerably long time you were excited to say the least.

"Alright, Joe needs to get something out of there when you finish."

You rolled your eyes but didn't say anything. You and Joe had a bit of a feud going on, you hated each others' guts and neither of you knew exactly why.

There wasn't much that could be done about it either, you were both Oli's best friends and as long as he was around you'd have to deal with each other. And it wasn't like Oli made you guys spend time together. Nope, all you had to do was merely accept each others existence. Simple. Or at least it should be.

Once you were done in the bathroom you opened the door and stepped out into the hall, already seeing Joe walking your way. "Took you long enough," he mumbled.

As you walked past him to the stairs you made sure to give him a little jab in his arm.

He made an awkward grunting noise that made you laugh but you put your hand over your mouth and hurried down the stairs before he could notice.

A few minutes later you were sitting on a couch downstairs with Caspar and Josh when Joe came bounding down the stairs. You had to admit he looked good. If you were going to be honest with yourself you found him very attractive but just not enough to make you hate him any less. You caught your eyes wandering down his tall frame and turned back to the boys before you got carried away.

When Josh looked up and saw Joe standing at the stairs he said, "Oh good, are you ready? Go get Oli everyone else is already on their way to the club."

-

When you finally arrived at the club the maynards went to get drinks for the group while the rest of you went to find tables.

"Y/N c'mon let's go dance!" Mikey yelled over the music, pulling you up out of your seat and dragging you to the dance floor.

Before long you were in the middle of the dance floor sweating, moving your body to the beat. You could feel eyes on you but all you cared about was the music. You hadn't been out in so long and it felt great to let loose a little.

You spotted Joe sitting at the table with an unreadable look on his face, staring at you. Maybe it was the alcohol that made you do it but you decided to keep eye contact with him and dance a lot more suggestively, holding his gaze a moment before turning back to Mikey.

A few hours with more drinking and dancing passed before you all decided to go home, considering how many people had thrown up already.

-

"AYE WHO WANTS TO PLAY TRUTH OR DARE?" Jack slurred.

Those who hadn't passed out on couches agreed loudly while you thought about it.

"Yeahhh let's do it!" You said. What could go wrong with a little truth or dare?

You, Josh, Jack and Conor, Joe and a couple others sat down in a circle in the middle of the floor which ended up looking more like an oval.

Instinctively, your eyes cast quickly around the faces in the room. Admittedly, your heart sank at the realisation that not all of your friends would be hopping in on the game—not even Truth Or Dare's biggest fan would, if they were completely sloshed. Caspar definitely seemed the most out of it, with hooded eyes and a gargantuan grin stretched across his face; one that could rival the Cheshire Cat's. Though you probably weren't far behind. Briefly glancing down at your petite hand, you had to blink multiple times and rid the vision of a duplicated hand, just before pondering that maybe you shouldn't have drank so much.