F*cking Cheater Pt. 3

Its been two weeks since me and Joe have been officially over and I'm still not accepting it. Joe is the same he has not uploaded at all or even been on social media. According to my unwanted hourly updates from Caspar he is still in bed and barely does anything with his day other than mope about. Everyone I talk to is telling me that I made a mistake and should get back with him and I'm starting to believe them. Admittedly he cheated on me but with a kiss, its not like he slept with someone.

I drag myself out of bed and get ready for work which I finally have to face after two weeks of pretending to be ill and away at a wedding. I get in the shower, get dressed, fully conceal my face under make up and contemplate drawing a smile on.

As I walk into the kitchen I see the one thing that has been haunting me since the break up, a picture of me and Joe at a park. It was taken 6 months ago. I have covered it up multiple times but whatever I use to cover it falls to the floor moments after i cover it. As I'm making my breakfast I get another text from Caspar. 'He's not well and his hands still swollen, taking him to the doctors.' the text reads. In my chest I feel a need to be there with him, to look after him but I push the feeling away as I eat my breakfast and drive to work. I get into my little office area and drop my bags as colleagues come over and ask how I am. I politely answer them, hoping the get the message and leave me alone. Eventually they do.

As I set about doing two weeks worth of work, my phone buzzes. Another text from Cas. I quickly unlock my phone as the word Hospital screams out at me. 'Joe is being sent to the hospital he is dehydrated and has a broken bone in his hand.' Something about the fact he is being sent to the hospital makes me jump up and sprint to my car. I ignore the shouts from colleagues and my boss as I get into my car.

I blame myself for Joe being sent there and scold my self the entire drive to the hospital. As I pull up and park I spot Caspar's car. I head into A&E expecting them to be there. The lady at reception stops me. "Hi sorry im here with Joseph Sugg. Im his girlfriend." I say the last part so naturally but am quick to correct myself. "I mean friend." The lady gives me an apologetic smile as he opens the door for me. I head through and see Joe's messy blonde hair and I hear him complaining about how he doesn't have to be here. Caspar who is facing me spots me and smiles at me, encouraging me to come over.

I take a deep breath before walking up to them. I take a seat beside Joe whose eyes are closed. I rub his hand and he opens his extremely red eyes. Smiling at him I give him a kiss on his cheek. "Two weeks and you're in hospital? Really are careless. aren't you?" I ask him trying to be funny. It doesn't work.

"Like i said, I'll die without you." Joe croaks out. I run my hand through his hair, flattening it a little.

"This isn't us getting back together Joe. This is me saying we can be friends because I can't lose my best friend as well as boyfriend." I explain to him. He nods and I know he wants to fight the cause but is too tired to do so.

"Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." I say as he rests his head on my shoulder.

I turn to Caspar who has a smile plastered across his face. "I knew the hourly updates would pay off, you came running when I told you he was going into hospital." He brags.

"I came running because he is my best friend Cas. I'll always love him." Caspar raises his eyebrows giving me a sarcastic sure.

"Let Katie break up with you and let me tell you she is in hospital. You would come running too." I argue. Caspar just nods not listening.

After an hour of me and Cas talking, a doctor comes over to us to wake Joe for a scan on his hand. I shake Joe awake and the doctor takes him for his scan. When he comes back he sits down beside me and falls asleep again, like he hasn't slept in a while. His hand is in mine as he squeezes it periodically as if to check if I was real. I lean my head against his and kiss his head, missing him even though hes sat right beside me. As I am doing so Caspar takes a picture. I don't know what he does with it but moments later I'm getting messages from my friends and Oli asking if me and Joe are back together.