Drunk Call

The flash of my phone on my bedside table lit up the room, waking me instantly when combined with a lot of vibration. My head began to ache instantly as I grabbed it. It was 2am, and there on my screen was an incoming call from Joe Sugg.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice groggy and audibly confused.

"Y/n. What you saying b? You good?"

"Jack?" As confusion turned to panic I sat up. Why was Jack on Joe's phone? Was he hurt?

"Don't worry," he spoke, as if he could read my mind. "Joe's alright. He's just very drunk, and he keeps asking for you."

A feeling I was way too tired to come to terms with swirled in my stomach as I ran a hand through my tangled hair. Jack continued, his voice echoing around my room when I put him on speaker to grab my jeans off my bedroom floor.

"Can you come and get him or should I call him a taxi? I don't know how much I trust him getting home alone I won't lie y/n. I'd take him but, man's got places to be."

His vague sentence put a smile on my face. As mysterious as ever, clearly.

"I'll come and get him. Where are you?"

"Thanks b. I'll imessage you the location."

"Thanks Jack"

After brushing my teeth and just about getting dressed, I got into my car, placing my phone on the passenger seat and setting off to the location Jack had sent me. When I arrived I gave him a call, and within minutes I saw him leave the building and look around for my car. I rolled down the window.

"Jack!"

His eyes found mine in the dark and he smiled, walking over, a very incoherent and intoxicated Joe following not so far behind. I couldn't help but grin as Jack almost forced him into the passenger seat. There was being drunk, and then there was this. The light of my car lit up his face a little more and I tried not to laugh at the harsh red of his eyes. This was going to hurt in the morning.

"Come on, come on, you're alright," Jack reassured, helping the boy in. "She's gonna take you home alright?"

Joe fell back against the headrest, mumbling something that I wasn't sure could even be considered a sentence. Jack turned to me.

"Sorry to do this babe. You'll text me when you're both home yeah?"

"Listen, it brings some entertainment to my Saturday night, don't apologise." I smiled. "I'll text you. Have a good night."

"Safe b."

I reached over Joe and pulled his seat belt over his chest.

"Y/n!" He yelled, startling me slightly as I made sure he was sat safe. Well, he knew who I was, surprisingly. That was something.

"Yes, that's right." I cooed almost, as if I were talking to a baby.

"No!" His voice was unbelievably slurred, and I had to focus intently to even nearly make out what he was saying. "Y/n! I love her!"

"What?"

It took a lot to not swerve my car off the road. He was drunk. Very drunk. That was it. Nothing more.

"I love Y/n," Joe continued to slur, sounding almost emotional as he rested his head on the window. "I'm gonna tell her."

It was as if all of a sudden my brain had stopped working. I had nothing to say. My mouth was dry, heart racing at the sound of the words. Did he even realise I was driving him? I let him continue, curious and speechless.

"I mean it, I love her. Not like friends. I love her. I'm going to tell her."

"When are you going to tell her, Joe?" I somehow found the strength to reply. He didn't look at me, his eyes closed as we drove. I wondered, if he did look at me, if even then he would realise what he was saying. Who did he think he was talking to?

"Soon." He slurred. From the fall in his posture, it seemed he was falling asleep, and just as I came to terms with the thought that that was the most I was going to get out of him, he piped up in a panic.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. I gripped the steering wheel in a panic at his sudden outburst. "You can't tell her!"

"Tell who what, Joe?"

"Y/n! You can't tell her I love her, it has to be a surprise!"

In an attempt to stop the giggles I brought my bottom lip between my teeth. He was incredibly drunk, the most I had ever seen him. His words were a result of this, no truth behind them I was sure, and he would never bring them up in the morning. I wasn't sure that I would either.

"I won't tell her, Joe."

The car slowed as I pulled into my driveway, and I got out, walking round to the passenger side. Joe was surprisingly cooperative as I held him up and helped him up to my bedroom, letting him have my bed for the night. His jeans were not so cooperative as I struggled to drag them down his legs, eventually just letting them sit around his ankles and moving to unbutton his shirt. I pulled the duvet up over him and grabbed him a glass of water, leaving it on the bedside table for him in the morning before I left to go and sleep on the sofa, however he grabbed my arm.

"Yeah, Joe? What is it?"

He still did not look at me, his eyes shut.

"Y/n. Is she gonna love me back?"

I sighed, smiling slightly.

"I think she might, Joe. I think she might."

BY: calcumshot on tumbr