Clubbing

"Ready to go?" You heard Joe's voice from down the hall.

"Almost! I'll be there in a minute."

You put on the last touches to your make up. You and Joe were going to a club, which was quite hard to believe. What was even more difficult to believe  that it was your idea. You guessed  it might be good since you've really only gone on a few dates. You just honestly preferred to be inside.

You hopped in the taxi that was waiting at the front of your doorstep. Joe locked the door and fell in behind you. The drive to the club wasn't that long. You entered the building and paid the cover charge. A remix of Blank Space was blaring through the speakers followed by crazy laser lights. You and Joe found a relatively quiet place and danced.

"We should've invited friends." You say loudly into his ear.

"Maybe, but it's nice if it's just you and me." Joe dropped your hands. "Let's go near the drinks table."

You follow Joe's lead through the crowd of people. The drinks table was an impressive sculpture. It had wine glasses, stacked upon each other to make a giant tower. You grab a drink and take sip. You talk for a while with Joe. After a few minutes, Joe excuses himself to go to the toilets. You decided to hang around the drinks table until he came back. You felt a tap on your shoulder. It couldn't be Joe, he just left. You turn around to face a stranger. The stranger was a tall man holding a drink in his hand.

"Why hello there beautiful." He spoke in a distorted voice. Clearly drunk.

"Thanks for the compliment, but I have a boyfriend." You say sourly.

"Oh that's too bad. Where is he?" He said while looking around.

"He'll be back soon." You slowly step away from the creepy man.

"Not soon enough, I hope." He grabbed your wrist just before you had a chance to escape. You struggled in his grip, which was making your fingers go numb.

"Let me go." You say between clenched teeth.

"Not until I get a kiss." He puckered his lips. The smell of alcohol burned in your nose. His face was getting dangerously close to yours. The further you stepped away, the tighter his grip became.

"LET ME GO" You screamed. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed a familiar figure running towards you.

"Get your hands off of my girlfriend." You pulled free from the strangers grip, which was loosened in surprise.

It was thankfully Joe, but you've never seen him this angry. Though you couldn't quite make it out in the dark lighting, Joe's eyes were dark with rage and fury.

"What's wrong pretty boy, thought your girl was falling for a manlier guy like me?" The stranger was trying to provoke Joe.

You tried to hold Joe's arms to keep him in place. No such luck as him shoved the stranger, making him lose his balance. You lurch forwards to pull Joe back. You didn't want to see him get hurt. The stranger was much quicker than you and shoved Joe back. The two started a push fight. You had to get Joe out of there. The stranger could seriously hurt him, as he clearly had far too much to drink. You get in between them and push them apart. You look up to see two bouncers walking towards the two. You pushed the two away from each other as hard as you can.

"Get out of my way, bitch." He shoved you into the table. The table with stacks and stacks of wine glasses.

You collapse into the table and knock everything down. You shrink and cover your head with your arms. The glass shatters from the contact. You felt a sharp pain in your arms, legs, neck, basically everywhere with exposed skin, even your cheek. You wince in pain. You opened your eyes to see Joe and the stranger with their hands behind their back, restrained by the bouncers. One pulled the stranger out of the club and the other was just about to drag Joe out.

"Wait, that's my girlfriend. I need to help her, let me go." Joe struggled hard in the bouncer's grip.

The bouncer looked at you for approval, to make sure he was telling the truth. You nod your head, flinching at the sting in your neck. Joe rushed and fell right beside you.

"Are you okay?" Joe asks.

You just gave him a look and stared. Did he really just ask that.

"Sorry, let's get an ambulance." He whipped out his phone and rang 999. You noticed your surroundings for the first time. The music had been cut off. A few bouncers stood around the perimeter to block the other people that were trying to get a look at what happened. The area that you were currently sitting in had more light that the other parts of the club. You were getting your cuts wrapped up by someone with a first aid kit. Joe gave you an ice pack for your hip, which you smashed on the ground when you fell. You saw paramedics bust though the door and run towards you with a stretcher. They carefully placed you down and carried you away into the ambulance. Joe couldn't come with you but he said that he'll be with you soon. You were brought into the ambulance and was driven to the hospital.

You were cuts were cleaned and glued back together. You had a few stitches on your right arm from the deeper cuts. None of your bones were broken, which was relieving to know. You heard the door handle click open. It was Joe, with sorrow in his eyes. He close the door and walked towards you. He raised his hand to your left cheek, which had the larger cut. You flinched when his fingers came in contact with the cut. Joe leaped back.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"It's fine. It didn't hurt that much." You say.

"No y/n, I'm sorry for getting you into this mess. I shouldn't have viciously attacked that guy. If I gently pulled you away it could've ended differently. He wouldn't have pushed me, we wouldn't have fought, and you wouldn't have been pushed by that asshole."

You raised your hand to his cheek. He turned his head towards you as you smiled at him. "It's alright. Things happen and what happened today was just bad timing. It's not your fault."

He stared at your injuries. "But your arm, your neck, your face." He said painfully. He seemed to be in more pain than you were.

"Look, I'll be fine. I mean, the cuts could've been worse, right? Thankfully, it was just glass which can't do that much damage." Joe still looked unconvinced. "If you want someone to blame, point fingers at the creepy guy. What happened to him anyways?"

"He was kicked out of the club, was taken by the police and was charged. Anyone who gets that close to my girlfriend deserves it." He said with a disgusted tone.

"I really appreciate the fact that you would do anything to protect me, but could you bear your own safety in mind as well? Tell me, how would you feel if you had lost me."

"As in lost you to death?" You nod your head. "I couldn't live myself."

"I would feel the same about you. Promise you'll be careful next time? You were making me nervous."

"I guess we all have things we need to work on." Joe leaned towards you and kissed your cheek.

BY: xxstrawberrykitkatxx on tumblr