Little Secret

After coming back from a long and stressful case, the girls and myself decided to go out for a few drinks. We all set our case files on our desks, put on our jackets, and are ready to hit the bar. As soon as I am about to walk out of the door a hand stops me, Joe. For a long time, I have had the biggest crush on Joe Sugg. 

He looks around to make sure no one is listening in too close. He then leans in close and whispers, "Be careful tonight." Stunned by his words, all I could do in response was give a simple nod in agreeance.

When we get to the bar and Helen, one of my closest friend, started by paying the first round. As I take the drink from her hand, I look into the alcohol that fills it. I can hear Joe's words repeat in my mind, Be careful tonight. What could that possibly mean?

"Earth to Y/N!" I hear JJ's voice rings in my ears. I look up to see the three woman staring, waiting for me to say something. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What did you say?"

"Well, never mind the question about you seeing anyone. You obviously have someone on the brain." JJ states. I roll my eyes and take a big gulp of my cocktail. "It's nothing I say. Just thinking about something someone told me." They all looked at me knowing I was hiding something. "It's nothing I swear!" That being said I finish off my drink and order the next round.

As the night went on we each took turns ordering rounds until we couldn't remember whose turn it was. I can't remember how many drinks I have had so far, but it is far from 'a few' that we all had agreed upon having.

The bar begins to move and its hard for me to walk properly, let alone stand straight. I feel arms catch me and a voice that says, "Woah there girly, I think it's time to get you home." It takes time for me to register who it is that is talking to me, but by the time I do I realize it is Helen.

She tries to get me back on to the bar stool and with a little luck I happen to stay there for the time she is talking on the phone. I wonder who she is talking to. The more she stays on the phone the more it appears that she is trying to calm someone down.

Before I know it I am saying goodbye to the ladies and joining Helen outside. "Who are we waiting for?" I ask. "We are waiting for Joe to come pick you up. We have all had a lot to drink and he is the one that lives closest to you so he is going to drive you home, okay?" She explains. I nod and start to feel the ground moving. Little did I know it was me again. Helen catches me for the second time tonight.

The timing could not have been better because as soon as Helen catches me another set of arms are wrapped around the other side of me. I breathe in that familiar sent. The sent that sends chills up and down my spins and rushes blood to my cheeks. "Joe." I whisper. "Yes, Y/N, it's me. I thought I told you to be careful tonight. I don't like it when the people I care about in such a vulnerable state." He rambles on.

I find myself letting out a small giggle. "What's so funny?" He asks.

"Nothing. You're just cute when you ramble." I slur my words.

Silence fills the car and I stare out the window until the slowly close. I feel the car pull to a stop. I hear Joe get out to come to my side to help me inside my apartment building and into my apartment.

Once upstairs, I am placed on my bed, sitting upright. Joe comes back in with water. He puts the glass to my lips, helping me to get sober. Before I knew it I am spilling my secret to him.

"Did you know that I have had the biggest crush on you? No? Well now you do. Joe, I don't know what I would be doing if I hadn't met you. I love the way you handle children so well. I love how strong you are. I know you have had some troubles happen to you in the past, but I can tell you have come a long way. AndJoe, I am so proud of you for that." He looks in my eyes taking in the information even after I have stopped talking. Then he furrows his eyebrows and says, "That's funny because I have liked you since then as well."

I feel my cheeks begin to burn and a huge smile run across my face. Joe's face begins to turn red as well. After awhile of sitting there and drinking the rest of my water, he gets up starting to leave. "Wait," I call out. "Don't go. Please?" I ask. Joe comes back to sit by my side again. He takes my hands into his, "Y/N, I'm not leaving. I was just going to sleep on the couch."

"Stay with me." I said.

And so he did.

BY: fuck-yeah-spencer-reid on tumblr