The Breakup

This wasn't the first time I had caught him doing this. Though it definitely was the last.

"I promise baby I'm over it! I won't do it again it was the last time!" He spat his bullshit lies at me again.

"No I'm sorry. I'm done." I took the bag I had packed and walked towards the door.

"No you're fucking not!" He grabbed my arm harshly and threw me into the wall.

I felt a stabbing pain in my arm and he was soon in front of me, his menacing glare making me fear for my life.

"You're not leaving until I say you can." I quickly brought my knee up and hit his balls, taking this time to run for my bag, and the door. I made a mad dash for my car and quickly got in, locking the door and driving off as quickly as I could.

I felt tears springing to my eyes, driving until I felt I no longer could. I parked on the side of the road and began to shake and sob.

It all started some months ago, he told me he was going out for some drinks with his friends. I wasn't opposed to the idea as I wanted to have a nice evening alone anyways.

He came home with blood shot eyes, and obvious signs of meth abuse.

I let it go, thinking maybe it could have just been something else. Boy was I wrong.

He would do this a few more times, before I finally realized that he wasn't stopping. He lost weight, he stopped loving me. It was obvious he didn't want me for anything more than a person to fuck. I was done with him.

I reached across the console to grab my purse, pulling my phone out and finding Joes contact. I knew if anyone on the earth could cheer me up it was Joe.

"Hey y/n, what's up?"

"Joe?" My voice cracked and I could hear him shuffling.

"What's wrong babe?" He sounded very alarmed.

"Can I come over? I'll explain everything there." I said.

"Of course."

"Okay I'll be about half an hour." I said hanging up.

I composed myself, wiping my tears and going to drive.

Soon I was pulling into the driveway, parking behind Joes car. He was waiting outside under the little over hang in front of the door.

It was pouring rain and he waiting outside for me.

I dashed to the door and Joe immediately took me into his arms, warming me up instantly.

"Let's go inside love."

We sat in the kitchen with some coffee he had made for us.

"Tell me all about it." He said.

Joe was a very good listener when he needed to be. He nodded, listening to every word I said intently, and at one point scooted closer so he could rub my back gently.

"Why didn't you leave him sooner?" He asked softly.

"I didn't know how to." I replied. He simply nodded. "I know this isn't the best way to get over it but can we just get some alcohol and chill?"

"Sure, I've got plenty here." He opened the fridge and pulled each of us out a Smirnoff ice.

We spent the next hour or so just drinking away our problems.

He laid his head on my shoulder. "I'm glad you left him."

"Why's that?"

"I like you." He played with my fingers mindlessly.

"I like you too Joseph."

"No, y/n, I like like you."

"Oh, I like like you too Joe." He looked up at me and smiled widely, sitting up and giving me a sloppy kiss, making me giggle intensely.

He kissed me again, this time leaning into my body and deepening the kiss.

"Come lay down?" He asked. I nodded and followed him upstairs to his room where we put on some friends and laid together, cuddling and giving each other the occasional kiss.

"Goodnight y/n." He kissed my cheek and nuzzled into me.

"Night Joe."

BY: wroetominter on tumblr