Jealous

"Damon is way hotter than Stefan" your roommate and best friend, Tom, comments as you're both hanging out in front of an old episode of TVD.

"Yeah, I guess, but Stefan is such a cute boyfriend" you say, grabbing Tom's hand and moving it around your shoulders so that you could nuzzle into his cashmere jumper. He tilts his head down, looking at you.

"You know when you do that, people think we're a couple? You know how many deals I missed because of you making me look straight?" Tom takes a scolding tone but he can't help but smile. You know he loves you more than any girl in the world. Tom says he's always known he was gay, and although around him no one seems to have a clue, you think you've alnways known, too. Maybe that's why it's so easy for you being around him. You understand each other without even talking, and when you actually talk, he always listens.

"I don't care" you say evenly, hoping to push his buttons a bit further. But Tom would never let you know you can annoy him.

"Well of course you don't" he giggles and kiss your temple. "Wait for me to return the favour someday"

You look up at him not really understanding his statement, and he winks. At the same moment, your phone vibrates on the coffee table and you lean in to grab it. It's a call from Joe. A smile tugs at your cheeks and you're ready to press the green button but Tom jerks his chin towards the phone so you wait a sec before answering the call.

"speak of the devil"

Again, you don't really know what he means. Tom knows you and Joe both want to be more than friends, you're obviously in love but no one is willing to make the first move. It's been like this for weeks...

You wave off Tom's comment to focus on Joe. You're honestly happy to talk to him and try to make it sound like it but your tone doesn't match the frown you get watching Tom roll his eyes next to you.

"Hi Joseph! What can I do for you?"

"Hi beautiful. Are you up for a drink this evening?"

Joe oftens asks you out for drinks. You usually have a lovely time together and end up holding each other's hand on the way back, but everytime he walks you home, he kisses you on the cheek and leaves.

"I'm sorry Joe, Tom is throwing a party tonight, I have to be there for, you know, make sure the flat doesn't burn in flames"

Tom chuckles next to you, crossing his hands in a "stop" gesture and it hits you : he's telling you he doesn't want you to invite Joe. There's only one reaction he can get from you after this. You make sure he looks you in the eyes before you speak

"Joe, would you like to come?"

Joe seems to hesitate, while tom face palms and runs into the kitchen and out of your sight.

"Umm, sure?" he asks, uncertain

"Alright, see you tonight then"

You say before hanging up.

You chase Tom into the kitchen and wiggle your way between his frame and the opened door of the fridge, so that he's towering you. He looks down at you and sighs. He pulls you in a rough hug to be able to close the door then letting you go, he leans against you, making you step back and getting you stuck between his tall body and the fridge.

"Kiss me" he demands

"No way" you state, giggling. You see clear in Tom's game.

"Come on" he pouts "you're gonna get in a relationship with that guy and we won't be able to act silly around each other anymore"