Babysitter Pt. 2

Y/N's POV

Whilst Avery was watching Frozen with her Elsa and Anna dolls, Joe and I were sitting at the table. Joe was currently on his mac, whilst I was eating some lunch (a takeaway pizza, which is not surprising).

As I took a drink of some soda, I looked at Avery. Her cute little eyes were focused on the screen, and as I heard Else singing 'Let It Go' Avery's face brightened and she couldn't stop smiling.

From under the table, I felt Joe kick me. "What are you doing?" I whispered to him, seeing his face break into a little chuckle. "Nothing," he whispered back, "just wanted to tell you I really want to kiss you now."

"No way," I laughed at him, looking deeply into his eyes, "not now. Maybe when she goes to sleep-"

"But-"

"Joe, I am not risking it," I teased him, shaking my head, "if Avery tells Zoe and Alfie that we kissed it will all be out."

"Is that such a bad thing?" he pouted, slowly leaning across the table.

"Yes," I replied, and leaned against my chair, with a smirk on my face. Joe was not going to persuade me just yet. Until Avery is out of the room, there is no way we are going to be holding hands, kissing, or anything which could cause suspicion.

As I was making Avery some supper, Joe was washing her in the bath. I thought back of today, and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought: Joe was such a cutie with his niece, playing all sorts of games, and I still was able to spend time with him (even though there was no cuddles or kissing allowed).

I knew they were coming downstairs, as I heard an overly excited child run squealing across the living room, whilst another big child ran behind her pretending to be a big bear. "I'm gonna catch you!" he laughed, "I'm gonna- no, don't hide behind the sofa. Avery, Av- come back here!" I laughed as I saw Joe struggle to go behind the sofa, and Avery ran out the other side... smart kid.

"Y/N!" Avery squealed, running up behind me and hiding behind my legs. As I laughed, I saw Joe ran up to the kitchen. Slowly he walked towards us.

"Now, where is that little princess Avery?" he looked at Avery, who was still squealing behind me, "I hear she ran this way-" and as he said that he grabbed Avery's hand and tried to pull her out.

"Oh no," I acted my part, "you will not be getting her." I tapped Joe's hand off hers, and he let go, pretending to stumble back. He opened his mouth wide, as if he couldn't believe I wouldn't let the big bad bear take away the little princess.

"Madame," he rolled his eyes, "step aside: the princess is coming with me." I looked at the kitchen counter, and pulled out a wooden spoon. "Never," I held it out in front of me, "she will not be going with you."

Avery was still squealing with excitement behind me, and to be honest I was full of thrill with this childish game- haven't played like this in years, I love it.

"Madame, I ask you again," Joe looked at me carefully, making a few steps forwards, "put down that weapon, and hand over the princess." I was trying my hardest not to laugh at our childish behaviour, but when there's kids sometimes you just have to go back to your own childhood.

"Never," I stated solemnly, before shouting to Avery, "run, I'll beat this bear." Avery however didn't go, and she stood behind me, holding the hem of my shirt. Joe walked towards me again, whilst I held out the spoon like a sword... that didn't go well, as Joe took hold of the spoon. I wasn't letting go though, as I still held it firm in my hand.

"Give up madame: I have your weapon," Joe declared, and when I looked at his face I just wanted to burst out laughing (who would have thought two adults would be playing a game like this?).