Abusive Boyfriend

You tried to cover the blue mark by your eye with concealer but it was still pretty obvious. You sighed before deciding to leave the bathroom you were hiding in. Just as you left the bathroom, your best friend Joe appeared from his room. You were hanging out with your best friend Joe for the night as it had been a while since you last saw each other.

"You okay?" Joe asked and you gave him a false smile and a nod. It was obvious that Joe didn't believe you but you ignored him and walked into his room and placed yourself on his bed. You had known Joe for 3 years now and he was your absolute best friend. You could tell each other anything... or... that was until you got a boyfriend. At first he was the kindest guy ever but slowly he turned more aggressive. He had started to beat you 2 months into your relationship. You had tried to break up with him several times but he threaten you and your family so you had to stay with him. You had never told Joe about it but you knew he was beginning to pick up on it. Especially with all the red and blue marks you "accidentally" got from walking into trees and your cat scratching you.

"Y/N, something is wrong," Joe said whilst looking at you with a worried look. You tried to look away to hide the blue mark on your face.

"Everything is fine, Joe," you answered. If your boyfriend found out Joe knew... you weren't sure what he would be able to do to you or Joe. Joe placed himself in front of you on the bed and tried looking at your face.

"Stop Joe," you said but Joe gently turned your head so he could see the blue mark properly. He started to rub the concealer off and he looked at you with sadness in his eyes.

"Is this that boyfriend of yours? Y/N, why haven't you told me?" Joe asked and tears instantly appeared in your eyes. You felt so vulnerable and scared.

"I...It's nothing," you stammered before rushing out of Joe's room.

"Y/N!" Joe yelled before running after you. You could feel your legs give in under you and you fell to the floor in tears. Joe wrapped his arms around you as you sobbed into his shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm not gonna let him hurt you anymore," Joe whispered in your ear and his words made you feel more calm, but you still felt powerless. You knew your boyfriend would do something horrible if he found out that Joe knew.

"I'm scared Joe," you admitted in between your sobs. Joe continued comforting you and his arms around your shaking body helped a bit. It felt weird that Joe now knew and you were beyond scared what would happen know. You could suddenly feel Joe tense up and you looked at him still with tears in your eyes. His eyes were like fire and his fists were tightened.

"I swear to God if he ever lays another hand on you I'm gonna kill him," Joe said and is was obvious that his angry stage was emerging.

"I don't know what to do," you said and looked at Joe for some kind of guidance.

"You're going to stay at mine and I'm gonna figure it out, okay? Don't worry about it," Joe assured you but you looked at him with a worried look.

"I don't want you to get hurt, Joe," you said as another tear rolled down your cheek. Joe smiled at you before gently touching your cheek.

"Don't worry about me. I'm a big guy, you know," Joe said jokingly and even though you felt so depressed you couldn't help but laugh, and right there you realized how much you really loved Joe. You should have told him from the beginning what was going on and maybe you wouldn't have been so vulnerable and sad.

"Come on gorgeous. You need to lay down in my bed and I'll make you some tea," Joe said with a cute sideways smile and you smiled back at him. Something came over you and you suddenly moved your head closer to Joe's and placed a deep kiss on his lips. You had no idea why you did it but it felt so right in that moment. You looked each other in the eyes and you both smiled before Joe left a kiss on your forehead.

"Come on," Joe said in a calm voice and he helped you up from the floor and into his bed. You snuggled up under his duvet and Joe placed himself on the edge of the bed. He intertwined his fingers with yours and you haven't felt this safe in a really long time.

"I'll make you some tea," Joe whispered but you shook your head.

"Please stay," you said and looked directly into Joe's eyes. He smiled at you before he joined you under the duvet. He pulled you as close as he could to him and you kissed his jawline before snuggling your head into his neck. Joe placed a kiss on your forehead and it felt amazing just being with him. For a short moment you forgot all problems and you just enjoyed finally feeling loved and safe. 

By: thatcherjoeimagines on tumblr